Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sir. Sir. Please reevaluate your life choices as you have somehow arrived at the point where you are on RW defending Tony LaRussa's decision to only give partial playing time to Andrew Vaughn over Nic

He's just over .900 OPS over the last three weeks and over .1100 over the past week.  7 walks against 10 K's over 3 weeks.  Encouraging.

11 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

Hamilton went on IL today, they called up Nick Williams and Williams is playing LF, no Vaughn in the line-up

You can't make this level of idiocy up!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

You can't make this level of idiocy up!

Thats WITH a bunch of regulars on the IL that will eventually come back.  Is this a Larussa thing?  Anyone have any recollection of how he managed prospects?

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Is this a Larussa thing?  Anyone have any recollection of how he managed prospects?

He last managed 10 years ago, I can barely remember yesterday. I cant believe the front office is endorsing this, if they are the White Sox deserve to finish 4th

 

Edited by RoadApple
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

He last managed 10 years ago, I can barely remember yesterday. I cant believe the front office is endorsing this, if they are the White Sox deserve to finish 4th

 

"Mattingly, shave those sideburns!"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rrrich46 said:

This is not good for the kid's development.

Send him down to mash AAA everyday.

 

 

This really is key. Obviously I want him in the line-up for fantasy purposes but it really just doesnt make sense to play him so little. He's only played 3 of 8 games and played 9 innings once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

This is not good for the kid's development.

Send him down to mash AAA everyday.

 

 

...or they could just play him at DH (at the MLB level) which is what they should have been doing all along. Trying to put him in LF is just LaRussa trying to put a round peg in a square hole and setting him up to fail. I truly believe that and his sporadic playing time are to blame for his slow start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

...or they could just play him at DH (at the MLB level) which is what they should have been doing all along. Trying to put him in LF is just LaRussa trying to put a round peg in a square hole and setting him up to fail. I truly believe that and his sporadic playing time are to blame for his slow start. 

Ain't no room at DH the way the Yerminator is rolling

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Thats WITH a bunch of regulars on the IL that will eventually come back.  Is this a Larussa thing?  Anyone have any recollection of how he managed prospects?

 

I'll always remember him for messing around with JD Drew. Would never play everyday, would just get random benchings, and when he did play, it seemed he'd bat 7th or something. Of course LaRussa LOVED Pujols, so it's not like he treated all rookies this way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jericho said:

 

I'll always remember him for messing around with JD Drew. Would never play everyday, would just get random benchings, and when he did play, it seemed he'd bat 7th or something. Of course LaRussa LOVED Pujols, so it's not like he treated all rookies this way.

Also seemingly hated Rasmus

Link to post
Share on other sites

LaRussa is old school and probably cares about outfield defense more than today's managers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, B&F said:

LaRussa is old school and probably cares about outfield defense more than today's managers.

Hmm... To be honest I think modern managers care far more about OF defense than old school guys, especially in corner spots. Old school guys just want a strong arm in RF and anyone they can hide in LF...

New school guys think Jackie Bradley Jr should play full time and get paid $10 MM per year.

spacer.png

 

... End of the day though Vaughn had never played anything other than 1B or pitcher in college or the minors... Couldn't find his high school position other than he used to pitch... We are talking about a guy that has no more experience in the OF than most posters on this board. Not throwing him out there out of the gate is totally understandable as that was never the plan to begin with until Eloy got hurt.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, B&F said:

LaRussa is old school and probably cares about outfield defense more than today's managers.

I coached and managed for decades.   something I would instill into my OF's ... a screwup by an infielder likely puts a runner on 1B ... a screwup by 1 of you outfielders typically costs multiple bases and run(s) and could be the difference in winning or losing that game.

 

I guess I'm old school

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

If he isn't going to play because he can't field the position send him down to learn.

What the White Sox are doing makes so little sense I'm honestly tired of hearing about it. I have guys likely coming off the DL this week, Vaughn will be dropped barring something unforeseen happening. I hope LaRussa gets a really bad paper cut.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoadApple said:

What the White Sox are doing makes so little sense I'm honestly tired of hearing about it. I have guys likely coming off the DL this week, Vaughn will be dropped barring something unforeseen happening. I hope LaRussa gets a really bad paper cut.

I dropped him as soon as Nick Williams got a start over him lmao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I dropped him as soon as Nick Williams got a start over him lmao. 

Yeah the stupidity of starting Williams and Hamilton over him is just amazing.  Why they did not just leave him in the minors is beyond me.  Like the GM and Manager are in a battle of wills or something.  Pretty close to time to just drop him and free up the roster space.  Isn't worth much if he is on the wrong side of a platoon.

Edited by secretagentman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...