NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sir. Sir. Please reevaluate your life choices as you have somehow arrived at the point where you are on RW defending Tony LaRussa's decision to only give partial playing time to Andrew Vaughn over Nic

He's just over .900 OPS over the last three weeks and over .1100 over the past week.  7 walks against 10 K's over 3 weeks.  Encouraging.

3 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Anyone buying low in keepers/dynasties?

You can't buy someone like him low or for basically any price at all in a dynasty.  That isn't how dynasties work.  Dynasties aren't played like there is only a couple of dozen games in a season and 2 or 3 years to wait for a player to grow into his role is no big deal.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, this guy right here said:

If he isn't going to play because he can't field the position send him down to learn.

Thank you for your keen advice, I will certainly take it into consideration, although Im not sure how can I achive that. I play on Yahoo, and Im not able to find the send down button.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You can't buy someone like him low or for basically any price at all in a dynasty.  That isn't how dynasties work.  Dynasties aren't played like there is only a couple of dozen games in a season and 2 or 3 years to wait for a player to grow into his role is no big deal.

Thanks! Never played in a dynasty so I’m not terribly versed in how they work.

19 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Thank you Tony Baloney for bleeping up my 1B situation.

Blame Vaughn. Blame Yermin. LaRussa is being cool trying to get him in LF when he sucks at it. There is no MILB season until May 4th. Engel comes back in 2 weeks or so. His window might close after the next few series if he doesn’t start slugging a bit more often than striking out (30%). Approach seems good with 4.9 p/pa and .400 obp. Just needs to hit his pitches. But very sss. In any case, Vaughn owners need to hope at some point Yermin turns into Chris Shelton and while he still has a chance to stake claim to the DH slot. 

Doubt he plays vs Bieber today. 

He's going to get sent down when Engel is ready. That's the problem when drafting guys without a position. I suppose he "could" play 1B but scouting reports were he was below average there too.

2 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Blame Vaughn. Blame Yermin. LaRussa is being cool trying to get him in LF when he sucks at it. There is no MILB season until May 4th. Engel comes back in 2 weeks or so. His window might close after the next few series if he doesn’t start slugging a bit more often than striking out (30%). Approach seems good with 4.9 p/pa and .400 obp. Just needs to hit his pitches. But very sss. In any case, Vaughn owners need to hope at some point Yermin turns into Chris Shelton and while he still has a chance to stake claim to the DH slot. 

Doubt he plays vs Bieber today. 

Sir. Sir. Please reevaluate your life choices as you have somehow arrived at the point where you are on RW defending Tony LaRussa's decision to only give partial playing time to Andrew Vaughn over Nick Williams and Billy Hamilton. 

I am not a professional but I believe this is a cry for help. We all want the best for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
33 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

Sir. Sir. Please reevaluate your life choices as you have somehow arrived at the point where you are on RW defending Tony LaRussa's decision to only give partial playing time to Andrew Vaughn over Nick Williams and Billy Hamilton. 

I am not a professional but I believe this is a cry for help. We all want the best for you. 

Egregiously and with much I shame agree. Lolol

Old man river gonna ruin this kid ;)

(that better?) 

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Egregiously and with much I shame agree. Lolol

Old man river gonna ruin this kid ;)

(that better?) 

Haha perfect! I do agree with your original point that Vaughn's best path is for Yermin to turn into a pumpkin. I guess we'll see.

58 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Not sure he is ready.  Needs more at bats and time in left field.  

Very possibly true, but then why have him there? 

Its not like Eloy was anything better than below average out there , with Robert in CF you could afford to sacrifice a little defense in LF to potentially bolster your line-up. Unless youre Tony LaRussa and you fart on analytics after eating dinner at 3:30 PM.

• Haha 1

I want a retraction from every analyst who pumped this loser up THIS YEAR.  He may be good a couple of years from now, but as far as ‘21 goes, he will be a zero. 
He’s played in 5/11 games, and gets pulled in the 6 inning for defense. How many games would he have played with a healthy Eloy? 2? He’s played very few games relatively speaking in the minors, and he’s already a 21 year old DH.  How did virtually every tout get this one so horribly wrong?

Edited by juice219
5 minutes ago, juice219 said:

I want a retraction from every analyst who pumped this loser up THIS YEAR.  He may be good a couple of years from now, but as far as ‘21 goes, he will be a zero. 
He’s played in 5/11 games, and gets pulled in the 6 inning for defense. He’s played very few games relatively speaking in the minors, and he’s already a 21 year old DH.  How did virtually every tout get this one so horribly wrong?

I dont think they got it that wrong. The expectation was for him to play DH and OF but that he would PLAY. LaRussa hasnt given him a real shot. 

Ultimately thats the managers call but it doesnt make a lot of sense.

8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

If thats true, I certainly  wouldn't rage drop just yet.

Oh Im way past rage. Id call my mood "Humorous Disillusionment"

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, secretagentman said:

Yeah the stupidity of starting Williams and Hamilton over him is just amazing.  Why they did not just leave him in the minors is beyond me.  Like the GM and Manager are in a battle of wills or something.  Pretty close to time to just drop him and free up the roster space.  Isn't worth much if he is on the wrong side of a platoon.

21 hours ago, Baseball Batman said:

The way it seems, it might not be crazy to wonder who plays first if Jose Abreu were to go down.

Tony LaRussa would pencil in Frank Thomas

• Haha 4

For the record, Larussa said in a different article that he believes Vaughn is above average defensively in LF. So...I recommend everyone just bench Vaughn for a couple weeks and go to your happy place. This thread will be an insane asylum at the hands of Tony F'ing Larussa if not. 

• Like 2