NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Andrew Vaughn 2021 Outlook

He's just over .900 OPS over the last three weeks and over .1100 over the past week.  7 walks against 10 K's over 3 weeks.  Encouraging.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, B&F said:

Breaking out.  Vaughn owners got a perfect storm with Roberts and Jimenez out for the years.

With how bad offense has been as a whole, I'll take the gift he has been lately.  It seems it was only a matter of time anyways.

7 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Ks seem to shooting way up with the power surge not overly concerned yet just something I'm monitoring.

I feel like that's more due to the 4k game yesterday. In the past 7 games he is 6/7 in his BB/K rate, which is not bad at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

I feel like that's more due to the 4k game yesterday. In the past 7 games he is 6/7 in his BB/K rate, which is not bad at all.

Yeah - I'm so impressed with this kid considering he skipped all of the higher levels. If there is anyone who can figure it I'm sure he will. Absolute professional. Made a nice diving play at 1st too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah - I'm so impressed with this kid considering he skipped all of the higher levels. If there is anyone who can figure it I'm sure he will. Absolute professional. Made a nice diving play at 1st too.

Did you watch that HR yesterday? OMG, that swing and they way the ball flew off the bat was impressive. I think he is going to be a good one.

• Like 1

I was a huge believer in the underlying numbers and all the glowing reports.  He was THE guy that I was not going to leave the draft without.  I'm still interested....but 9 rbis and .215 after 2 months is horrific.   Because of injuries, I've been forced to actually use him much more often than I would have liked.  He's a 0 machine.  I'm not giving up on his entirely, but he is not rosterable at this point, even in keepers.  Can anyone chip in on if he is available in your league?  How long he's been available?  What kind of league etc...?  

8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I was a huge believer in the underlying numbers and all the glowing reports.  He was THE guy that I was not going to leave the draft without.  I'm still interested....but 9 rbis and .215 after 2 months is horrific.   Because of injuries, I've been forced to actually use him much more often than I would have liked.  He's a 0 machine.  I'm not giving up on his entirely, but he is not rosterable at this point, even in keepers.  Can anyone chip in on if he is available in your league?  How long he's been available?  What kind of league etc...?  

I'm still holding in a short term keeper league. 12 teamer. Quite a few guys are kept though, so this is probably a homer hold for me. If I wasn't a Sox fan I'd probably have moved on. I can also afford to be patient and keep him on my bench. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I cut him on Friday. No replacement, just disgusted with him.  He's not good, I really think he needs more time in the minors, which he basically skipped 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

I cut him on Friday. No replacement, just disgusted with him.  He's not good, I really think he needs more time in the minors, which he basically skipped 

Sure its "hindsight 20/20" and it doesn't do any good to speculate on what more seasoning in the minors would have meant. But its a lot easier to be patient through slumps with the likes of Kelenic and Kirilloff because they've had their time in the minors. You gotta stick with Vaughn in the keeper formats, but even in AL only leagues, you can do better.

• Like 1

Statcast numbers as of May 23rd

Avg exit velo = 80th percentile

Max exit velo = 93rd percentile

Hard hit percentage = 85th percentile

Barrel rate = 64th percentile

BB percentage = 72nd percentile

He's been in a brutal funk the last nine days, but the percentages above suggest he's underperformed, statistically, and a hot streak could be like molten lava.

I will give him credit for a pinch hit HR off Chapman today, that's awesome to see, and I still think he's gonna get like 18 HR by the end of the season, just continue to strike out a ton and drain other areas. At the end of the day, my personal view is he wasn't a big investment to managers at the draft and could have been easily replaced in the early going, because the Yermin factor really screwed him initially. Now, he has gotten the perfect storm to playing time with injuries, but full-time ABs at this level is a challenge, so his struggles are understandable. Smacking a HR off Chapman shows he belongs, no one was disputing that. I want him to have "meh" numbers at year's end because I'll be all-in next year if he comes after round 15. 

Oh, look who's batting 3rd today. 

#WhiteSox Lineup 05/28/21

1. Tim Anderson SS
2. Yasmani Grandal C
3. Andrew Vaughn LF
4. Jose Abreu 1B
5. Yermin Mercedes DH
6. Jake Lamb RF
7. Leury Garcia CF
8. Danny Mendick 3B
9. Nick Madrigal 2B

Starting Pitcher : Dallas Keuchel

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Oh, look who's batting 3rd today. 

#WhiteSox Lineup 05/28/21

1. Tim Anderson SS
2. Yasmani Grandal C
3. Andrew Vaughn LF
4. Jose Abreu 1B
5. Yermin Mercedes DH
6. Jake Lamb RF
7. Leury Garcia CF
8. Danny Mendick 3B
9. Nick Madrigal 2B

Starting Pitcher : Dallas Keuchel

Hope someones on base for his nightly 1-4.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:43 AM, Cesare13 said:

I think he’s definitely rosterable in keepers, but it does depend on the league. He’s rostered in both of my 5x5 roto keeper leagues (12tm, 30 man rosters...14tm, 29 man rosters).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...