NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Logan Webb 2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Anybody concerned he doesn't have a rotation spot when back? And he's pitching today on 3 days rest?

Yep. The Giants have said they want to see him start and pitch in relief during his rehab assignment.

Good chance he’s in the pen when he returns. Since he’s young and has had shoulder problems, they may want to keep his workload light while they can. An injury could get him back in the rotation though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Yep. The Giants have said they want to see him start and pitch in relief during his rehab assignment.

Good chance he’s in the pen when he returns. Since he’s young and has had shoulder problems, they may want to keep his workload light while they can. An injury could get him back in the rotation though.

That would be a bummer. He's got mid-rotation potential. If Sam Long continues to struggle, I think Webb will get another shot... at least he is getting somewhat built up (45 pitches slated for his next performance).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Yahoo has him starting tomorrow, anyone firing him up?

He will probably be limited to 45 pitches. He threw 25 in his first rehab start, then was scheduled to throw 45 on Tuesday, but they scrapped that and brought him up when Sammy Long went on the IL. It’s probably going to be a bullpen game tomorrow and then hopefully Webb reclaims the rotation spot going forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Yahoo has him starting tomorrow, anyone firing him up?

Yep...  The best thing is that I won't have to cut anyone because I have three players waiting to go in one of my DL slots...

• Haha 1

I am keeping Webb parked on my IL for this start to see how he does. If he gets lit up, I will probably just drop and move on. I will keep him on my watch list though, and consider grabbing him again if he shows any signs of life in the second half. If he pitches a gem tonight, I will more than likely make room for him to stick around for at least another start or two.

3 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

I am keeping Webb parked on my IL for this start to see how he does. If he gets lit up, I will probably just drop and move on. I will keep him on my watch list though, and consider grabbing him again if he shows any signs of life in the second half. If he pitches a gem tonight, I will more than likely make room for him to stick around for at least another start or two.

He is pitching against one of the hottest offenses in baseball...

4 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

i like it, i like it a lot. 

....i know that's from a movie but cant put my finger on which one. anyone care to take a stab?

Ace ventura? I know it's Jim Carey 

29 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Optioned back to AAA.  Assuming just to get some work in side the Giants wont need a 5th stater for a bit. 

I was thinking this would happen. He can throw 65-70 pitches in Sacramento on Thursday, then be fully stretched out to start for the Giants on July 20.

• Like 3

Anybody rolling him out there at the Dodgers tonight?  I know that I usually say, "Start them if you have them" or "Why roster them if you are going to sit them", but in this case, I am actually ahead in ERA/WHIP for the week and I kind of like to keep it that way...  Though he is cutting into that with some pitchers now and we are tied in wins...

9 minutes ago, posty said:

Anybody rolling him out there at the Dodgers tonight?  I know that I usually say, "Start them if you have them" or "Why roster them if you are going to sit them", but in this case, I am actually ahead in ERA/WHIP for the week and I kind of like to keep it that way...  Though he is cutting into that with some pitchers now and we are tied in wins...

He’s on my bench for sure. The ball has been flying out of that stadium the last couple days and with a pitch count I just don’t see the upside. Hoping for a good outing so I can comfortably roll him out in a two start week next week.

12 minutes ago, posty said:

Easy bench tonight, but now he is going to throw a gem.

Just now, meh2 said:

He’s on my bench for sure. The ball has been flying out of that stadium the last couple days and with a pitch count I just don’t see the upside. Hoping for a good outing so I can comfortably roll him out in a two start week next week.

at least next week the starts at home, but vs lad and vs hou isnt a pair of cupcakes.

Just now, herschel said:

at least next week the starts at home, but vs lad and vs hou isnt a pair of cupcakes.

Ugh. Didn’t look that far ahead but that’s pretty gross. Thanks.