NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Baseball Impact 2021

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's to this thread being much shorter and less relevant than the 2020 threads.

Fred Fenster, Todd Hockney, Roger "Verbal" Kint, Dean Keaton and Michael McManus. You know, the Usual ones

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Weekly leagues, I just do not see how you can start any NYM or WAS is you have any other warm body to give you AB's

A lot of weekly leagues are 12 days for the first period.  It's just the Nationals that have covid?   Unless your week ends Sunday, not sure how you can sit the stud mets like Lindor, Conforto, Degrom, etc. If this is wrong, let me know.

Edited by brockpapersizer
1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

A lot of weekly leagues are 12 days for the first period.  It's just the Nationals that have covid?   Unless your week ends Sunday, not sure how you can sit the stud mets like Lindor, Conforto, Degrom, etc. If this is wrong, let me know.

As far as we know its just Nats. I dont play weekly leagues but I agree with you on this.

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Fantrax, period is April 1 - April 4

Am I wrong for starting Walsh over Alonso?

Edited by Monkeyman74
  • Like 1

Guys, they’re going to play in some capacity in the next few days. The key is how widespread this is and who has it.

1 minute ago, Monkeyman74 said:

If you're scoring period is 4 days, sit all mets and nats hitters sure.  Tough to sit degrom in case he does have a start, that's about it, I guess Scherzer too.

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If you're scoring period is 4 days, sit all mets and nats hitters sure.  Tough to sit degrom in case he does have a start, that's about it, I guess Scherzer too.

Sad Soto noises 

Just now, TribeFoo said:

I’m not sitting Soto or Turner in this scenario.

Unless theyre the ones with Covid. The lack of information coming out is frustrating but understandable.

Just now, RoadApple said:

Unless theyre the ones with Covid. The lack of information coming out is frustrating but understandable.

Question is would you take 3-4 games that are 100% to go off from players that are just good

Or risk using players that are great/studs for 2 games but might have a 50% or higher of playing ZERO games?

Gimme the sure thing!!

Question is would you take 3-4 games that are 100% to go off from players that are just good

Or risk using players that are great/studs for 2 games but might have a 50% or higher of playing ZERO games?

Gimme the sure thing!!

Whats the MLB Covid protocol though if you have it? Is it 14 days quarantine?

Gimme the sure thing!!

Using history as a guide, when they had positive covid tests, they cancelled entire series. They think another player has tested positive.

7 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

The information we have to go in is they called up a C, RP, OF, and a starter, I believe. I agree that we need more.

2 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

So multiple reporters just came out and said that they will start on Saturday if everything goes well 

That's a big if. Hopefully they do start Sat though

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

That's a big if. Hopefully they do start Sat though

Nats beat reporter Mark Zuckerman just Tweeted that most of the players from the alternate camp (Possible replacements) were on the same charter with the Covid positive player. This explains the postponement most likely.

Edited by RoadApple
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Any word if ESPN is gonna show a different game in place of the mets-nats game?

Reruns of Stihl Lumberjack competition

LOL have not head yet

IDK how anybody in their right mind would play in weekly leagues. You’re just asking for frustration. COVID postponements can happen anytime. Playing in weekly leagues is not wise considering the state of this pandemic.

Edited by EsTiLO
  • Like 3

Reruns of Stihl Lumberjack competition

LOL have not head yet

or maybe corn hole lol. btw what a weird name for a sport

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

You can manually set merge first 2 periods though. Any good Commish does this.

Just now, swfcdan said:

You can manually set merge first 2 periods though. Any good Commish does this.

Fantrax basic league, the are the commish

1 hour ago, RoadApple said:

They've now postponed Fridays game as well.

The Mets-Nationals didn't have a game scheduled for Friday...