NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Baseball Impact 2021

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's to this thread being much shorter and less relevant than the 2020 threads.

Fred Fenster, Todd Hockney, Roger "Verbal" Kint, Dean Keaton and Michael McManus. You know, the Usual ones

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh great.  Karinchak is a total nut case.  Glad I don't own him.

That's a kind way of describing him.

**Given the lifestyles led by MLB players, I legitimately believe that any player who isn't vaccinated is more likely than not to contract Covid19 this year (which for some folks means just a few week absence and for others there are serious health ramifications).

Any player who announces they aren't going to get vaccinated, IMHO, should be posted about here.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1

Mets-Nats

MLB announced Wednesday, one game will be part of a split doubleheader at 1:05 p.m. and 6:05 p.m. on June 19; another will be at 7:05 p.m. on June 28, which had been an off day for both teams; and the last will be Sept. 4 as part of a doubleheader at 1:05 p.m. and 6:05 p.m.

11 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Seems like the Twins have multiple positives according to their pre game show.

So the twins play with whos left like the astros had too.

31 minutes ago, mks said:

So the twins play with whos left like the astros had too.

As soon as they identify if anyone else is positive they will. But it is a decent question, how were the Astros able to test and trace so quickly, while it is has taken both the Twins and Nationals longer. I think there must have been something unique about the Astros situation to allow it to be so quick, would love to know what.

Edited by colorado2013
24 minutes ago, colorado2013 said:

As soon as they identify if anyone else is positive they will. But it is a decent question, how were the Astros able to test and trace so quickly, while it is has taken both the Twins and Nationals longer. I think there must have been something unique about the Astros situation to allow it to be so quick, would love to know what.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Will the Angels Twins games be made up? Or just outright canceled?

You have to believe games missed will be played on a later date. It is only April baseball season is six months long. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

How about the Twins at Oakland series.....possible postponed as well?

Weekly lineups and wondering if I should bench my Twins.

I read they might shoot for a double header on Tuesday, but really it's all up in the air until it actually happens. Might be better to play it safe in weekly leagues.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

How about the Twins at Oakland series.....possible postponed as well?

Weekly lineups and wondering if I should bench my Twins.

Just read where A's manager is under impression that a double header will be played Tues but it has not been confirmed...whatever the hell that means.

32 minutes ago, billofwash said:

Just read where A's manager is under impression that a double header will be played Tues but it has not been confirmed...whatever the hell that means.

Don’t believe it!  Got burned in a weekly when the Mets manager said he was “fairly confident” they’d play that Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, PhilFan said:

Will MLB teams still be restricted to their alternative site for call-ups or will all the minor leaguers now be eligible with the minor league season set to start tomorrow?Thanks.

The alternative sites are gone now. Call-ups will be similar to previous season with one big difference.

- All call-ups must come from AAA to begin the season. The reason for this is that AAA is considered Tier 1 (Along with MLB) in that they have the same Covid protocols and testing.

AAA rosters have also been expanded from 28 to 33 to help this. A player can still be called up from lower levels but they must go through all Covid protocols first and be promoted to AAA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1