NBC Sports Edge Forums

Finished draft, see any must try FA adds ? WHIR

For H2H non keeper 12 teamer I had the first pick. I'm curious if you see any add/drops I must go for. I have waiver 12 and one open roster spot with Soroka on DL. 

You see any must make FA add/drops ? 

FA Bats- India, Solano, Trammell, Kike Hernandez, Jazz Chisholm, Newman, Solak, Yuli Gurriel. Tapia, Victor Reyes, Alex Dickerson, Wander

FA SPs-  Framber Valdez, Singer, Pearson, Pineda, Minor, Webb, Simms, Mize, Odorizzi, Clevinger, Keller, Dunning, David Peterson, Rodon, Bumgarner

My team

C Sal 1B Alonso 2B Whit 3B Chapman SS Swanson

OF Acuna OF Rosario OF Blackmon UT McNeil UT Winker

BN Haniger, Dalbec, Myles Straw

SP Luis Castillo, Woodruff, Bassitt, Civale, Alcantara, DL Soroka

RP Will Smith, Romano, Fairbanks, Pagan

I like Webb...I think you need pitching depth more

• Like 1

I actually really like your pitching caliber. You've got three strong top 15-20 pitchers. Castillo and Soroka are ripe for excellent years, I really like the upside. But, I agree with Webb adding some depth. I also really like Rodon, he's looking quite strong in spring training and that WSox pitching staff is cooking up some magic that's worth taking a flyer on (Cease is worth watching as well). Winker and Straw (mostly Straw just cause Astros in general give me the slight willies this year).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FinalProphet said:

I actually really like your pitching caliber. You've got three strong top 15-20 pitchers. Castillo and Soroka are ripe for excellent years, I really like the upside. But, I agree with Webb adding some depth. I also really like Rodon, he's looking quite strong in spring training and that WSox pitching staff is cooking up some magic that's worth taking a flyer on (Cease is worth watching as well). Winker and Straw (mostly Straw just cause Astros in general give me the slight willies this year).

After making the first pick it was looking like Buehler and Max would be available and both went right before I had my next pick heh. I didn't want to get completely screwed in SP so I grabbed Castillo and Woodruff who were the best SPs at the time with my first back to back picks. Soroka fell way down and was lucky to DL stash him, should be back soon. I agree with everyone I can use more P depth. 

• Like 1

I like India and speculation of what kind of player he will become in the MLB. I would drop Dalbec for him.

Help me?

Edited by jeffr913
  • Like 1

You need more bench offense 4 players won't cut it. Scoop up all of those FA sticks, and drop everyone from you're very last 2 rows of the roster. 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

You need more bench offense 4 players won't cut it. Scoop up all of those FA sticks, and drop everyone from you're very last 2 rows of the roster. 

Do you ever win your leagues? Ever? 

Agree that Tapia, Solak are two that stand out. However, I would stand pat and see how your drafted team performs. Roll with what you drafted but keep a close watch on these waiver guys. 

• Like 1