NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy opening day, everyone! There are many great sports days throughout the year, but opening day is still my favorite.

Buxton seems fine, but Covid was rough on front row Amy...    

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, collucho said:

Paul Goldschmidt's homer got revoked...not sure how I feel about it since I also have Castillo. 

Now you've got the worst of both worlds.

• Haha 1

Saurez experiment at shortstop not looking good in the early going (I just need him to get five starts there). 

**can't decide if Castillo just gave up on the inning after the error or if he's just pitching terribly.

Peralta k’s the side?

15 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Maybe Peralta showed something in that last ST start (that didn't go well) that led to his removal from the rotation.

Moving forward, I'm thinking he takes a huge hit to his value as a long reliever, particularly if he's going to be used in losing efforts in the early going. 

He’s the 5th starter. He’s not needed for several days and is getting work in. Nothing has changed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Reds don't have a lot of options if Suarez sucks at shortstop. Unless he's a colossal failure almost every game, they're going to have to ride it out if India looks competent. Hold onto your butts, Castillo/Gray owners.

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Saurez experiment at shortstop not looking good in the early going (I just need him to get five starts there). 

**can't decide if Castillo just gave up on the inning after the error or if he's just pitching terribly.

Reds infield defense has less range than my beer league softball team. Not ideal for a groundball pitcher like Castillo.

Just now, meh2 said:

He’s the 5th starter. He’s not needed for several days and is getting work in. Nothing has changed.

Peralta the fifth starter?

Not to me.  Never to me.

giphy.gif

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Reds don't have a lot of options if Suarez sucks at shortstop. Unless he's a colossal failure almost every game, they're going to have to ride it out if India looks competent. Hold onto your butts, Castillo/Gray owners.

Just need four more starts!  HOLD IT TOGETHER SUAREZ!

**I'm actually in real trouble if he doesn't get SS eligibility. 

1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Peralta the fifth starter?

Not to me.  Never to me.

giphy.gif

Just need four more starts!  HOLD IT TOGETHER SUAREZ!

**I'm actually in real trouble if he doesn't get SS eligibility. 

My lord, the Suarez death star will be completed on time.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Overlord said:

That was absolutely brutal. Should’ve been a double play ball and only one earned on Castillo, but can’t assume the double play (it was yadi running, it was going to be 2). But Castillo looked like absolute crap that first inning.

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

My lord, the Suarez death star will be completed on time.

I'm glad to hear you are doubling your efforts!  I was most displeased by the lack of progress thus far. 

• Haha 3

Fun note on the Ke'Bryan HR- 105.9 Exit Velo off of a 80.2 MPH Hendricks change-up...in Hendricks career hitters have slugged just .303 versus that pitch, and have 33 HRs on almost 4200 changes thrown.

• Like 1

I think I might be okay with the extra innings runner rule if it started in the 13th or something, but having it immediately roll out in the tenth is just gross. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1