NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Fair to note that Romano is in for the 8th with LeMahieu, Judge coming up.

Yes but on the broadcast they mentioned that Romano will probably be used against the tougher part of the order in late innings. Looks like a split with Merryweather 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

Chris Martin pulled in the middle of an at bat after missing wildly on a couple of pitches.  Might be a case where he just had trouble getting loose early in the season, but worth monitoring, and good news for fantasy teams rostering Will Smith.

• Like 1

Neris makes it interesting with a warning track fly out from Albies and a couple of baserunners, but manages to lock it down with the help of some beneficial calls from the home plate ump, who was terrible to both sides today.  It's always going to be a Fernando Rodney-esque adventure with Hector, but he got the job done against a tough divisional opponent.

• Like 3
Just now, meh2 said:

Merryweather & Clase have top 10 closer upside if things break right. Invest aggressively, imo.

Merryweather absolutely. Clase I'm not sure this most recent outing changes much about the murky outlook in Cleveland. It's the first time he has pitched this year and they were up by 6. 

Upside is huge and opportunity is there. Just seems like there's still some big question marks in that committee. 

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Definitely not. Hold tight!

Just seems like Toronto has settled in on their closer.  While the first save was debatable, today’s save was pretty clear.  Merryweather is filthy. 100mph fastball with a 86mph change-up.  

3 minutes ago, rabaak said:

So what is your take on Romano in the 8th and Merryweather with the save??

Too early to call anything conclusively. Both have huge upside because they have the potential to deliver elite ratios and a high k/9 and play on a team that should win a number of games. My best guess is that Romano will be used as the fireman and we can see him in the 7th, 8th, or 9th depending on the situation. I have both rostered in a boatload of leagues and won’t be dropping either in the near future.

11 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Merryweather absolutely. Clase I'm not sure this most recent outing changes much about the murky outlook in Cleveland. It's the first time he has pitched this year and they were up by 6. 

Upside is huge and opportunity is there. Just seems like there's still some big question marks in that committee. 

I think it’s a little more clear than a week ago with Wittgren’s implosion in an earlier inning. I think Tito likes Karinchak in the ‘Andrew Miller role’ but you’re right, it’s still unclear. Either way Clase is really damn impressive and I think he should be owned just about everywhere.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I mentioned above but on the broadcast that the Jays would be not running with set roles. Romano pitched the 8th because it was LeMahieu and the top of the order. So I believe we will get both Merryweather and Romano in 8/9th depending where the other team is at in their order. 

• Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I think it’s a little more clear than a week ago with Wittgren’s implosion in an earlier inning. I think Tito likes Karinchak in the ‘Andrew Miller role’ but you’re right, it’s still unclear. Either way Clase is really damn impressive and I think he should be owned just about everywhere.

Not to get to bench coachy— I want to pick up Clase, who would everyone recommend as being the most cuttable of: Bass, Wade Davis, Matt Bush or Pagan in a saves only league?

Edited by swingbatter
20 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Romano was used for the heart of the order.  That’s who was up in the 9th. Not enough information to just drop Romano.  I’d say merrywether is a must own for sure, but I’d wait on Romano if possible.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Not to get to bench coachy— I want to pick up Clase, who would everyone recommend as being the most cuttable of: Bass, Wade Davis, Matt Bush or Pagan in a saves only league?

Pagan for me. Melancon seems further ahead of him than the guys in front of Davis or Bush. Bass is a definite hold notwithstanding Opening Day.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Bush

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Pagan for me...hilarious though if I had posted this it would have been deleted by now..”they” seem to just pick and choose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Pagan for me...hilarious though if I had posted this it would have been deleted by now..”they” seem to just pick and choose

It should be deleted either way. "They" probably just haven't seen it yet.