NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 April Closer Thread

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Not sure it matters, but the Indians were up 6-3 going into the 8th inning. Scored twice that inning and once more in the ninth.

Did anyone happen to see if Clase was warming up when it was still a save situation?  

32 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Romano was used for the heart of the order.  That’s who was up in the 9th. Not enough information to just drop Romano.  I’d say merrywether is a must own for sure, but I’d wait on Romano if possible.

This...merry weather is a great pickup but could swing back to Romano 

26 minutes ago, rdf8585 said:

How did we all miss out on Merryweather as all the hype went to Romano?

Dude pitched in 13 major league innings prior to this week.  I don't think anyone could have seen this coming.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Dude pitched in 13 major league innings prior to this week.  I don't think anyone could have seen this coming.

True, but Romano only pitched in like 30 innings before this season and had been tabbed a closer in the making by his own pitching coach.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Did anyone happen to see if Clase was warming up when it was still a save situation?  

If he was warming up it still points to Karinchack being the closer, but I'm also curious if anyone was watching and can give a better update.

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead.

Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in the 7th. Appeared he might come in if Civale got in trouble. He didn’t end up pitching the 8th strangely enough, but all signs seem to be pointing to Clase imo.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, KingJoffrey said:

Any idea why? Has Jensen been in for back to back?

He skips Colorado some years because of a health condition. He went 1.2 last game.

That said I don’t think jansen is gonna necessarily close every game this year based off playoff usage last year and spooky Padres.

Just now, KingJoffrey said:

Any idea why? Has Jensen been in for back to back?

Jansen pitched 1.2 IP yesterday, 24 pitches. Maybe they didn't want to push him early, especially since the game was in Colorado, where he's had some health issues in the past.  

1 hour ago, rdf8585 said:

How did we all miss out on Merryweather as all the hype went to Romano?

You clearly didn’t pay attention to this thread, lot of merryweather love.

• Like 2

Soria in for the 8th up 3-0. Could be going for a 6 out save but I doubt it this early in the season. Not sure who’s getting the 9th. Not sure I care either.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Chris Devenski had a pretty good spring, I think I recall and has that closer experience ™️ managers love.

Ginkel has closer experience too... if you count blowing almost every save he had last season 🤣

• Haha 1