• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

Everyone is the same boat.  Knowledge is power and I like what we have on this forum.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, swingbatter said:

Karinchak coming in down 3-0 with two men on in the 9th for Cleveland.  Seems like Tito wants to use him as a true fireman.  Looking good for Clase owners. 

If Cleveland ever gets a lead we can find out for sure!

6 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Anybody have a good take on the KC situation?

Any guesses as to who gets the next opp?

I think the most likely explanation is that Matheny is going to treat this as a fluid situation with no set roles. It might take some time to play out. I took a stab at Wade Davis in several leagues after watching his first outing but dropped him for the Clases and Merryweathers. I’m still holding my Holland shares.

• Like 1

Cleveland pen is definitely intriguing BUT important to note that it had been 4 days since Karinchak last pitched.  Firmly in the window where even established closers might get thrown into the game in a non-save situation.  Still a real murky situation IMO.  

My guess is Matheny didn't feel like he needed his closer to protect a three-run lead just because that's the save threshold. Holland was there if Hahn faltered.

Doesn't bode well for a big save total from anyone.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Alvarado in for the save attempt, lol.

In this case, I believe it’s because Neris pitched in all of the Phillies games so far.

Randy Dobnak with the save for the Twins, in a 15-6 win over the Red Sox.

pitched 3 innings and gave up 5 ER, but he got the save. LOL.

• Haha 4
21 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

Randy Dobnak with the save for the Twins, in a 15-6 win over the Red Sox.

pitched 3 innings and gave up 5 ER, but he got the save. LOL.

If only!

4 hours ago, swingbatter said:

Karinchak coming in down 3-0 with two men on in the 9th for Cleveland.  Seems like Tito wants to use him as a true fireman.  Looking good for Clase owners. 

That doesn't sounds like a fireman, sounds like a guy getting dumped in a bad situation. Maybe it's giving Karinchak some work in a different type of situation, but down 3-0 in the ninth is pretty much a loss regardless of what happens.

2 hours ago, Deke said:

Amir doing his best to give up his spot in this committee. 

Looked great at times. Looked awful at more times. Sims looked much better. Amir better tighten things up, because there's no way he's got much wiggle room.

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Mike Mayers is coming in for the save for the Angels. He has pitched great in his two appearances so far. If he closes it out Id be worried if I owned Raisel

Bad take, raisel has been getting heavy usage. Just a day off.

3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He's just had two awful outings but ok

This is just wishful thinking, threw 30 pitches last night and 3 of his last 4 before tonight...outside of Liam Hendricks, Josh Hader, and Aroldis Chapman, he’s got the longest leash of any other closer in the MLB...a throwing error yesterday in a game they won won’t change that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Mike Mayers is coming in for the save for the Angels. He has pitched great in his two appearances so far. If he closes it out Id be worried if I owned Raisel

He’s thrown as good as he ever has. Fielding another story. 

One of the most secure closers in the league lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No idea how this will turn out, but saw this on CBS:

Rosenthal (shoulder) was slated to be evaluated by a doctor Monday, the Associated Press reports.

The Athletics' projected closer remains in a holding pattern with respect to his regular-season debut as he continues to deal with shoulder inflammation. Manager Bob Melvin stated he expected to have more insight into Rosenthal's current progress shortly after the exam, so further word could be divulged at some point Tuesday.

• Thanks 2