• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Barnes in 2-3 in the 9th. Still no read on Boston because Boston has been so bad this year, no save opps.

Barnes 2 ip 4K, looked dominant. Probably see ottavino next, game is in extras.

10 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Have you ever seen a Chaz Roe slider?

But I definitely agree those are the top 2 dogs.

Rays fan, so yes. I have. Unfortunately Roe is out until the ASB though. 😭

11 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Have you ever seen a Chaz Roe slider?

But I definitely agree those are the top 2 dogs.

I believe Roe just hit the 60 day IL with a bum shoulder. But yeah his slider is absurd.

9 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Barnes 2 ip 4K, looked dominant. Probably see ottavino next, game is in extras.

Feels like ages ago we were all getting ridiculed for drafting Barnes

Edited by BMcP

Dev throwing 89 at coors. Starts off with 3-0 count with 3 homer dude on deck. And ks him on a changeup.

And he blows it, homer what else. One changeup after another. Doesn't trust his FB.

No way he keeps the gig. Has nothing.

Edited by papasmurf
Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

And you will again.  One good outing is usually followed by a shaky or poor outing.  He has always lacked consistency.

But assuming he costs virtually nothing as far as closers go, has he been that bad?  

If he’s micro-managed, people will drop him in droves and move on to some other closer - but if they just let him breathe a bit, the Sox could really resuscitate him.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Dev throwing 89 at coors. Starts off with 3-0 count with 3 homer dude on deck. And ks him on a changeup.

Papa...don’t Dev....

Just now, BMcP said:

But assuming he costs virtually nothing as far as closers go, has he been that bad?  
If he’s micro-managed, people will drop him in droves and move on to some other closer - but if they just let him breathe a bit, the Sox could really resuscitate him.

Just my two cents.

Sure.  Anything is possible with Barnes. Even that.  That is why I say he lacks consistency.  Micro-mange him or just pick him up as a lottery ticket and hope.  If you never watch Sox games he is easier to stomach and won't give you ulcers.

• Haha 1
Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Sure.  Anything is possible with Barnes. Even that.  That is why I say he lacks consistency.  Micro-mange him or just pick him up as a lottery ticket and hope.  If you never watch Sox games he is easier to stomach and won't give you ulcers.

I’m just saying: micro-management isn’t always the best approach.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Papa...don’t Dev....

Lost Anderson. Desperate for svs in a 16 team lg. Looked like he might be able to sneak one out.

Nope.

At least the WHIP was one and he had one K... LOL.

• Like 1

Devenski used to throw much harder from what I remember and the tv announcer mentioned it plenty. Is he always throwing this slow or something wrong? He is lucky he got out of that inning with 1 run. Did not look good at all.

Injuries. He's a shadow of his former self. I was hoping to sneak out a save or two before I had to punt. Gonna do it soon as yahoo unlocks him tmw. He's done.

There's been some Melancon chest thumpers in here. Lets see if Coach sends him out vs L,L,R,L in the 9th

Edit: Looks like he is warming up, Pomeranz sat down.

Edited by bbythepier
3 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Injuries. He's a shadow of his former self. I was hoping to sneak out a save or two before I had to punt. Gonna do it soon as yahoo unlocks him tmw. He's done.

Hudson could still be available - someone to check in on, in advance of a DH.

• Like 1

So looks like Melancon is the main man for saves in that bullpen. Closer Monkey (even tho they’re not as accurate as this forum) states that it’s still a committee but I just haven’t seen it.  I unfortunately drafted Pomeranz and Pagan and can’t even figure out who’s the second in line at this point.