NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

So this means either Wittgren or Clase are in the lead?

To be fair Francona did say they would all also pitch without the lead too

Karinchak has the worst control so it makes sense to get some sea legs under him / jitters out of him etc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Soto is getting rocked, just picked up Garcia lol

At least he's throwing strikes

Please dont blow my Boyd win the double gut punch

4 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Soto is getting rocked, just picked up Garcia lol

He threw a 2-2 meatball to Roberto Perez, but the other hit was merely an infield chopper to third by Amed Rosario, who gets down the line quickly. 

Edited by Baseball Batman
Typo

Tigers had Garcia warming up after Soto looked shaky giving up a walk, HR and a hit to go from a 3-0 lead to 3-2 lead with the winning run at the plate, but Soto eventually closed the door for the save.  Also of note, the Tribe had Clase warming up in the pen when they got the winning run up to the plate.  Looked like the Indians probably would have brought Clase in had they taken the lead in the top of the 9th for those speculating on the Indians closer situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

At least he's throwing strikes

He threw 27 pitches. 16 were strikes. Came into the game with a 3-0 lead. Ground out, single, homer, ground out, walk, fly out. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He threw 27 pitches. 16 were strikes. Came into the game with a 3-0 lead. Ground out, single, homer, ground out, walk, fly out. 

Yes I can see those same stats thanks for the recap lol

Other than Gamel (when he was probably tilting) his control was solid by his standards.

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Yes I can see those same stats thanks for the recap lol

Other than Gamel (when he was probably tilting) his control was solid by his standards.

I guess we can chalk it up to opening day jitters or whatever, but I didn't think he looked all that good or threw a lot of strikes. With as many injuries as we had to the closers today I'm not going to chase this situation yet, but I don't think it was a promising debut from a guy who really struggles with command. I don't see how he keeps the job this year. 

• Like 1
Just now, TrueToTheBlue said:

Soto looked shaky but got the job done. Think he gets the next opp? My guess would be yes and if he blows that they may turn to Garcia.

thoughts? 

I doubt he gets the next opp cause I don't think he's going to pitch again till maybe Sunday.   

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I guess we can chalk it up to opening day jitters or whatever, but I didn't think he looked all that good or threw a lot of strikes. With as many injuries as we had to the closers today I'm not going to chase this situation yet, but I don't think it was a promising debut from a guy who really struggles with command. I don't see how he keeps the job this year. 

He definitely cannot afford another outing like that. Will be interesting to see if they pivot in a one run lead.  Holland would be my guess but yea crappy situation if he cannot hold it.

• Like 1
Just now, Magoo said:

He definitely cannot afford another outing like that. Will be interesting to see if they pivot in a one run lead.  Holland would be my guess but yea crappy situation if he cannot hold it.

At least Holland has SP eligibility. It'll be nice to torch your ratios from a different slot.

• Haha 3

Julian Merryweather just looked electric striking out the side in the bottom of the 10th against the heart of Yankees lineup to get the save. I think it only took 11-12 pitches with one ball. He was 0-2 on the thrid hitter with a strike to get an immaculate inning but spiked a slider. High 90s heat with great changeup against a LHH and slider against a RHP. Definitely worth a look to speculate. Romano probably still the guy (he got the 9th with tied, Dolis got the 8th when tied), but Merryweather just looked too incredible to ignore for me.

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Anyone notice the Indians had Classe up when they put the tying run on first in the 9th? 

Yea @swingbattermentioned it above.  Probably as good of a hint as you could ask for with Clase

Still who knows until Wittgren shows.  I really hope it's Clase though.  He's no Merryweather but he could be a top 10 closer if he gets it.

Colome just blew a three run lead. 💀🔪

Granted, all of the runs were unearned due to a throwing error... by Colome. 😐

Edited by Dislimb
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

Looks like Neris is probably the guy in Philly.

They announced him as the closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fairbanks in for the 8th inning with the Rays up 1-0. Fastball sitting at 97, slider at 85.

Looks like Castillo is going to get the first crack at the 9th