• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

are we still holding on to this bum?

Depends on your league size and how desperate you are for saves. He's first man up on my chopping block where I have him, but until the situation gains clarity I'm not forcing him off my rosters.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Ugh. Looks like a rare true committee. 

It might well be.  But the heart of the order was coming up in the 8th and it wasn’t a save opp. Until both karinhak and classe has both pitched.  No one there is any easy drop imo.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Ugh. Looks like a rare true committee. 

I don't know, Wittgren has received 100% of the save opps so far ;)

Of course this was a bit unusual with Cleveland taking the lead in the 8th after burning Karinchak and Clase. Wittgren's also the worst pitcher of the three. We'll see how this shakes out

• Like 2

Wittgren may have gotten the save, and the future is clear as mud... but if you have eyes, one man looked much much better than the others today. (He didn't get the save mind you)

• Like 3

I know the beat writers tanked on Pagan, but Wittgren has come up often this offseason as a direct replacement to Hand. We need more sample size, but it could be a Padres-esque situation where the more talented pitchers come in earlier.

Wittgren! I knew it!

But really Karinchak is the 1st fireman, Clase is the 2nd, and Wittgren is the 3rd. Who gets the 9th will vary depending on when the first fire arises.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Wittgren may have gotten the save, and the future is clear as mud... but if you have eyes, one man looked much much better than the others today. (He didn't get the save mind you)

I saw him too. It was this guy

ThankfulNastyKingbird-size_restricted.gi

39 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's looked awful in his limited appearances thus far. Sims has looked incredible. Amir looked great in spring and talked a big game, but I can't see how they let him get the next chance. He's blown his opportunity, I think. 

was high on him after the spring and the mouth...... now? I think I'm with you that a close game will be difficult to hand to him.. God I hate closers 

• Like 1

I was watching this entire game closely ( hope my boss is not on these threads) and it was tight.  Karinchak came in to preserve the win and save Bieber.  Still tied in the 8th and the game was tight, Clase came in.  This seemed to be a case of hey we're the home team and just have to keep them to the minimum number of runs asap.  If we take the lead before a walkoff situation then thats great...and they did and Wittegren was left.

If there's any minor thing to take from this it's that Karinchak came in before Clase.  I honestly don't believe Wittegren is the closer because of nature of the game.  Clarity will come when the Indians are up 5-3 on the road and and their starter is being taken out after 6 innings.  I do believe when that happens it will be some form of witt and karinchak and Clase at the end.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

3 outtings fro Matt Bush, 1 ER in each one. is he still worth speculating on for saves?

Stop the speculating.

Kennedy just came in and struck out the side for the save.  Did give up a single tho, but that's 2 saves for him.    

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

Reds' Amir Garrett starts brawl with Pirates - Los Angeles Times

www.accidentalrenaissance.com

**Here's another one of my fave photos of that type:

1573181713054.png

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Romo 7th 

diekman 8th

IF the A’s can by some miracle take the lead, looking like trivino in the 9th?

It's annoying when managers won't name a closer.  It's absolutely excruciating when they DO and it turns out to be someone else.

2 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

I was watching this entire game closely ( hope my boss is not on these threads) and it was tight.  Karinchak came in to preserve the win and save Bieber.  Still tied in the 8th and the game was tight, Clase came in.  This seemed to be a case of hey we're the home team and just have to keep them to the minimum number of runs asap.  If we take the lead before a walkoff situation then thats great...and they did and Wittegren was left.

If there's any minor thing to take from this it's that Karinchak came in before Clase.  I honestly don't believe Wittegren is the closer because of nature of the game.  Clarity will come when the Indians are up 5-3 on the road and and their starter is being taken out after 6 innings.  I do believe when that happens it will be some form of witt and karinchak and Clase at the end.  

Contrary to the box score, Karinchak came in and prompt;y gave up a rope, then SHOULD HAVE walked Marrifield TWICE! Two pitches w/ three balls in that AB were a good 3-4" ouside the strike zone and were called strikes. Pathetic calls behind the plate, period. Had either been properly called a ball, that would have been two consecutive runners w/ zero outs recorded and left bases loaded w/ one out. I only say all this because Clase would have certainly been called upon to rescue "Karin" and salvage the inning.

Wittgren may get further saves if Francona prefers multiple "firemen", but make NO mistake, Clase if the nastiest pitcher in that pen, and it's not even close IMHO. (Karinchak's body language reeks of disappointment and lacks confidence! Clase has the better stuff, and his swagger proves it. I was a Karin believer myself based on recent #'s, but not after today. Today was one of those days where if you watched the 7'th through the final out, you would agree %100 w/ my thoughts, because box scores lie.)

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Hudson was gonna be the man anyways until Mr Hand was back

Based on usage yesterday I agree but most (including me) think Hudson is done and Rainey had a shot. Probably doesn’t now 

5 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

It's annoying when managers won't name a closer.  It's absolutely excruciating when they DO and it turns out to be someone else.

Well, it was before Diekman's implosion last Friday that Melvin named Diekman the interim closer.  Last Friday's outing coupled with Diekman's career mediocre (at best) numbers and poor control were probably enough to push this into a closer-by-committee situation.  Yes, Diekman was great last year but that was 20 IP and looks like a total outlier based on the rest of his career