• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Bass doesn't look good at all... is Yimi Garcia the only other option?

Candidly, I thought Yimi would have the job already.

• Like 1

Bass (who I haven't watched much honestly) is basically a pitch to contact mid 80's slider kinda guy w/ a "meh" fastball. He doesn't inspire confidence from what I've seen this year. Drop city and run for Yimi if available.

18 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

NSS for the Mets and Diaz was in 

He hasn't pitched yet this season, so not much to see here, I don't think.

Anthony Bass is cooked. 

Gimme Yimi. Or don't.

Man the Marlins stink. Looked like Sly Conforto stuck his elbow into the strike zone to get hit though. Team player. Bad call.

5 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Bass (who I haven't watched much honestly) is basically a pitch to contact mid 80's slider kinda guy w/ a "meh" fastball. He doesn't inspire confidence from what I've seen this year. Drop city and run for Yimi if available.

They'll definitely give Bass another chance after that Houdini-trick Conforto just pulled to steal a win!  How blind do the umpires have to be to not notice a guy leaning across the plate to take a pitch off his elbow pad?

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

They'll definitely give Bass another chance after that Houdini-trick Conforto just pulled to steal a win!  How blind do the umpires have to be to not notice a guy leaning across the plate to take a pitch off his elbow pad?

I'm not so sure. Bass fell behind in counts, missed the strike zone by up to a foot repeatedly, has blown two of two save chances, and frankly doesn't have the "bull dog" mentality or stuff. That slider is very easy to pick up coming out of his hand, it's more like a tight curveball than a hard slider. When you have an average and straight 92-93 mph fastball as your other offering, hitters will almost look for the slider. Miami isn't going to win many games, and two consecutive failures isn't a good look. IDK if Yimi will succeed, but I'd bet he gets the next chance and has the demeanor @ a minimum to attack hitters which I feel Bass lacks. Bass looked scared out there, like he knew his failure was imminent... you could see it in his face and body language today.

6 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

I'm not so sure. Bass fell behind in counts, missed the strike zone by up to a foot repeatedly, has blown two of two save chances, and frankly doesn't have the "bull dog" mentality or stuff. That slider is very easy to pick up coming out of his hand, it's more like a tight curveball than a hard slider. When you have an average and straight 92-93 mph fastball as your other offering, hitters will almost look for the slider. Miami isn't going to win many games, and two consecutive failures isn't a good look. IDK if Yimi will succeed, but I'd bet he gets the next chance and has the demeanor @ a minimum to attack hitters which I feel Bass lacks. Bass looked scared out there, like he knew his failure was imminent... you could see it in his face and body language today.

I think he gets exactly one more shot.

32 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Kimbrel is back?!

EDIT.: brought in for the 5 out saves and bases loaded in the 8th, 3 k's 0 runs 0 base runners

lit

Kimbrel with 4.7 perfect innings to start the year with 9 Ks and 2 SVs

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, hawkeyezz said:

In which order?

Tough call. I guess if I only had 1 roster spot I’d go with Trivino but it’s very close for me.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, cpdaly said:

Any chance Reyes keeps the STL job the entire season?  It looks like he is made for this exact role.  

That chance is strong to quite strong.