• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

or he's just getting up their in mileage

Active RP IP

1. Tyler Clippard 795  (2.95 ERA)*

2. Joakim Soria 725 (3.00 ERA)*

3. Joe Smith 697 (3.01 ERA)

4. Sergio Romo 641 (2.93 ERA)

5. Kenley Jansen 639 (2.39 ERA)

6. Mark Melancon 610 (2.83 ERA)

7. Tony Watson 594 (2.79 ERA)

8. Steve Cishek 579 (2.79 ERA)

9. Darin O'Day 579 (2.50 ERA)

10. Craig Kimbrel 573 (2.15 ERA)

Everyone here beside Kimbrel and Jansen is considered old AF.

*=on IL ATM

Active RP IP leaders, or Active Rotoworld Closer Thread all-time mentions?

Nasty sequence on a first batter K for Clase:  

4.Swinging Strike100mphFastball

3.Ball92mphSlider

2.Foul Ball101mphFastball

1.Swinging Strike101mphFastball

a quick groundout by Miggy and then just as nasty of a sequence on his last out for the save:

6.Swinging Strike

5.Foul Ball101mphFastball

4.Foul Ball100mphFastball

3.Called Strike101mphFastball

2.Swinging Strike101mphFastball

1.Ball101mphFastball

Clase looked FILTHY - looks like its his job to lose...

Edited by swingbatter
  • Like 3

Clase with the save and looked absolutely filthy (I know, it was the Tigers). Threw almost nothing but 100 mph cutter/2-seamer at the bottom of the strike zone and the hitters just couldn’t barrel it up. Mazara fouled off a few, so he finally gets him with a slider.

Congrats to those who have him. He’s good.

• Like 7
Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

Clase with the save and looked absolutely filthy (I know, it was the Tigers). Threw almost nothing but 100 mph cutter/2-seamer at the bottom of the strike zone and the hitters just couldn’t barrel it up. Mazara fouled off a few, so he finally gets him with a slider.

Congrats to those who have him. He’s good.

Now the debate is if Wittgren is worth using up another roster spot on...or take a shot on another potential closer.

5 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

...but here's the thing. Garrett has never been a "great" RP for a long stretch. He was good last year, but ever other year his whip has ranged from below average to downright terrible. I feel like people get too hung up on the "he has a closer's mentality" argument and overlook his actual numbers. I mean, Fernando Rodney had a closer's mentality and we all know how that worked out. I personally think Sims will be closing out games before the end the month and Garrett will settle back into his role as  mediocre middle reliever. 

You mean Fernando Rodney and his 327 career saves?  Yea, I’d sign up for the average Fernando Rodney season, easily right now.

4 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

My point is I don't see a team trotting out a sub par pitcher just to "get saves" for any length of time in 2021 especially if they have better options (and the Reds do). Or they'll just mix and match and play match-ups. I think the days of mediocre pitcher, like Rodney, having 40 plus saves are over. So is rostering someone like Garrett who "might" get you 20 saves with a mid 4s era and terrible whip worth it? I guess that's for you to decide. 

Rodney also had a career ERA+ of 110. He was better than you’re giving him credit for.

And I just realized your avatar is Natty Bo. I was just in Baltimore. Had a Natty Bo at Pickles Pub.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Karinchak owners suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

I wish Karinchak would go back to his old role. He was more valuable than a lot of starters last season. He’d get some 8-10K weeks with zeros across ERA-WHIP.

Pretty clear that Clase is the favorite in Cleveland.

Tonight all 3 were available for that situation and they chose Clase against the 2-3-4 hitters.

It’s possible they’ll use Clase earlier if the situation calls for it, but Clase is the #1 option. 

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Potential save opp looking for the A’s..interesting to see who gets the call of it happens

I was just thinking the same thing. 

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Trivino in the 8th..ugghh

I wouldn't sweat it. Dude wasn't going to be immediately given the job. It's going to take a bit for this situation to settle. If you have space and are in a blood for saves league, I'd still roster him. Nobody has a stranglehold on the closing job in that bullpen. Lou just needs to perform. 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, 5catstud said:

So Clase is the new Mariano Rivera huh

Big ups to the oracles who saw this coming. You are geniuses whoever you are. 

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Dude wasn't going to be immediately given the job. It's going to take a bit for this situation to settle. If you have space and are in a blood for saves league, I'd still roster him. Nobody has a stranglehold on the closing job in that bullpen. Lou just needs to perform. 

Your making my Romo stock plummet 

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

6 out save? Ala Hader