NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, rotoguy74 said:

I cannot believer Ginkel is only 1% owned in Yahoo. Do the owner who do not own him know something I do not?

Well we know it’s been reported that he’s part of a three-man committee while the closer is out with a calf strain. I’m not surprised fantasy owners aren’t beating down the doors to go grab him. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

7 hours ago, street sharks said:

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the meh k numbers from Reyes thus far. Dude had a 12 k/9 last year and is sitting at like half that. 

Concerned as well.  Still early though.

I know this was mentioned earlier, but what is everyone’s thoughts on Hicks vs. Reyes for the rest of season? Obviously speculation, but do you think Reyes will be moved into the starting staff?

1 hour ago, BradMaddox said:

I know this was mentioned earlier, but what is everyone’s thoughts on Hicks vs. Reyes for the rest of season? Obviously speculation, but do you think Reyes will be moved into the starting staff?

The Cardinals have specifically stated that they do not intend Reyes to be used as a starter this season. They said they want to get him to 100 IP to prepare for being a starter next year, but have him do it in a relief role for 2021. They have not been specific about his role in relief for the entire season, though he's being used as the closer initially. I'm not sure how they will get him to 100 ip if he remains the closer all year as opposed to a bulk innings guy, but they haven't been specific about that 100 ip plan. He may be keeping the seat warm in the 9th for Hicks to get more comfortable after missing two seasons, but I would guess there's some chance they get comfortable with him there. But it's all kind of speculation on that end for now.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, street sharks said:

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the meh k numbers from Reyes thus far. Dude had a 12 k/9 last year and is sitting at like half that. 

He has 2 K's in 3 INN... lol

He also is 3/3 on save opportunities, and looks calm, collected, and methodical. I'm not seeing the overthrowing kid who tried to strike everyone out and break the gun, and this is a good thing. He may be maturing before our eyes, and it's always been about his health. He looks to have replaced the machismo w/ concentration, and it will be required for his presumed transition back to the rotation next year. For now, I'm smitten w/ a super cheap closer on a good team given the vast wasteland that closers have become.

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If he can hold, it’ll be curious to see who comes in the game for the 9th. 

Yimi Garcia probably

And he’s gonna get to face Lindor, Conforto and Alonso. As a Marlins fan, I’m not exactly confident.

• Like 1
Just now, Slatykamora said:

Can someone explain why this thread has been tunneling Ginkel for Arizona over Crichton or Clarke?  

No.

7 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Can someone explain why this thread has been tunneling Ginkel for Arizona over Crichton or Clarke?  

Just looked at about 5 “closer depth chart” sites and they seem to rotate ginkel and chichton as the closer and 1st in line...Taylor always at least 3rd option or deeper