• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“Bob Melvin said he wanted to stay away from Yusmeiro Petit and Lou Trivino today. If the lead had been less than four in the ninth he might have used one of them but credited Wendelken with finishing the win.” - Matt Kawahara

This thread is the best. I was just typing that I suspect Trivino was unavailable since he’s pitched 3 of the last 4 days but I haven’t seen anything from the beat writers.

• Like 1

So weird that kapler after years of being famous for mismanaging a bullpen has finally committed to a closer. Maybe he learned or someone’s in his ear. But the Rogers 8 McGee 9 is working plenty well right now 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, itaos said:

So Diekman is likely out of the running?

It's wide open for the taking. I'd put my money on Lou if I had to pick just one, but Diekman isn't out of the running. He hasn't pitched well, but until someone runs with the job he's still got a chance. If only by default. I will note nobody around the team seems to be acting like Diekman is the closer. Even when he came in to close the other day after Melvin talked him up the announcers were talking about a committee situation.

• Like 4

Valdez didn’t put himself if a great situation (1st & 3rd with one out) but got a bit crapped on by his defense. Had a tailor made double play ball to end the game and a super slow turn by Galvis / Ruiz. Worth noting Galvis could have also gone home with the throw and probably had an out. 

2 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

Valdez didn’t put himself if a great situation (1st & 3rd with one out) but got a bit crapped on by his defense. Had a tailor made double play ball to end the game and a super slow turn by Galvis / Ruiz. Worth noting Galvis could have also gone home with the throw and probably had an out. 

Nothing wrong with the speed of that turn - Dalbec is a lot faster than you might think.

45 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Knebel was warming up in the 7th for LA with a 3 run lead at the time. Was hoping to see how Jansen would do but up to a 6 run lead now. 

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Jansen warming - 2 outs in the 9th, up 4

not sure what to make of this.
I've seen Jansen pitch  when it wasn't a save opportunity, but it was still the 9th inning.
Knebel is on my waiver wire asking me to pick him up.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Montero blew 2nd save of the season. Any concerns here he may lose his spot?

I’m concerned he’ll lose his spot. Does that count? 😉  I think Clase is VERY interesting.  A few more chances and I think he could take it and run with it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Could Pagan get traded? Love his stuff but he just have very little value right now in roto and honestly is dead weight on 3 of my teams

Very unlikely..he has a ton of value to the Padres in his current role.

19 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Montero blew 2nd save of the season. Any concerns here he may lose his spot? Thoughts on Clase for CLE ros?

Graveman looks good and next up

Clase is going to finish as the top closer. Could be a historic season too.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Graveman looks good and next up

Clase is going to finish as the top closer. Could be a historic season too.

So you sayin Clase gets 62 saves?

44 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

I'm on board with Clase but what makes u think it "could be a historic season" ??

ERA under 1, 40 saves, 90+ ks 

• Like 1