NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, rotoguy74 said:

4:35 time stamp the Kenley/Knebel talk starts, just not sure what Dave Roberts was saying but what it sounded like was, we have a bunch of guys that can close and I will use them all

https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-news-dave-roberts-picked-corey-knebel-over-kenley-jansen-for-save-due-to-workload/2021/04/10/

The Dodgers seem intent to rest their position players several times a week and skip Dustin May, for instance. It makes some sense to do the same for Jansen I guess... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Looking like Clase should run away with this job the way things have been shaking out to start the season.  Love this kid..... just flat out filthy!!

7 minutes ago, panthers528 said:

Looking like Clase should run away with this job the way things have been shaking out to start the season.  Love this kid..... just flat out filthy!!

Yep I had a feeling that would happen but just thought Karinchak could still potentially give him a run for it.  I guess Francona likes it better this way.

A week ago I thought Lou Trivino would have been a better pick up over Clase, but that doesn't look like the case anymore.

BTW Indians might ruin the save app here for Clase.  They are up 5-2 now.

5 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Yep I had a feeling that would happen but just thought Karinchak could still potentially give him a run for it.  I guess Francona likes it better this way.

A week ago I thought Lou Trivino would have been a better pick up over Clase, but that doesn't look like the case anymore.

BTW Indians might ruin the save app here for Clase.  They are up 5-2 now.

Yep.  Was holding out hope that Karinchak would re-solidify himself there but the pecking order seems pretty clear right now.  Congrats to everyone who was able to snag him.

• Like 1
Just now, 9703 said:

Double play, game over. 

It wasn't the prettiest inning but he was able to escape trouble.  FWIW Karinchak did look really good in the 8th striking out the side after he gave up the walk to the first batter.

9 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Colome with an epic blown save. 3 run bomb to Corey's brother.

ETA and pulled after giving up another hit. 1 out, 4 hits, 3 earned runs. Ouch.

I think Colome isnt in danger of losing his job yet, but Rodgers should be next in line right?  

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, panthers528 said:

You heard it here.... but Josh Staumont is the best arm in the KC bullpen.....he will be closing in short order. 

Not the first person to say this. Staumont is filthy and we know it, doesn’t look like KC is running a traditional closer type of gig.

Just now, fawkes_mulder said:

Kenley is hitting 95 on a two seam and 94  on a cutter. He doesn’t look toast.

Looked as good as he ever has. LA keeping their guys well rested might be frustrating for fantasy owners, but it might be a great move for their actual team. He was complete filth out there.

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Looked as good as he ever has. LA keeping their guys well rested might be frustrating for fantasy owners, but it might be a great move for their actual team. He was complete filth out there.

This was prime kenley tonight. Yeah I don’t think we’re going to see taxing usage either. Will probably see a victor Gonzalez save or two just to keep people in a frenzy if it calls for a lefty in the 9th, and a few other Knebel, but I think it’s a committee with kenley getting the most.

• Like 1