• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

4 hours ago, cyberer said:

The Dodgers seem intent to rest their position players several times a week and skip Dustin May, for instance. It makes some sense to do the same for Jansen I guess... 

Cannot wait to see the $ on Knebel tonight in teh big boy leagues

Still nice arm to have in roto leagues IMO but not near what he may go for

8 hours ago, cyberer said:

Pagan nearly blows it and Melancon easy save. Putting some distance 

I wonder where are those 'well informed' inside sources are hiding now.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Not the first person to say this. Staumont is filthy and we know it, doesn’t look like KC is running a traditional closer type of gig.

Filthy stuff maybe, but the guy simply can't find the strikezone. In 462.1 career innings, he's walked 349 batters. He's walked 27 in 48.2 MLB innings. I don't care how filthy he is, if he can't throw strikes and stop walking batters, he won't be closing...and if he does, he won't be closing for long. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JCD said:

Yep...I bought into all the Kevin Acee stuff being put out there in twitterland and posted in here. Ran with it, only to find that Melancon was given the gig. It made sense logically, but everyone says "Listen to the beat writers! Follow the beat writers!" Well, I did and ended up getting Pagan in every mixed league only to have him be a MR. 

20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yep...I bought into all the Kevin Acee stuff being put out there in twitterland and posted in here. Ran with it, only to find that Melancon was given the gig. It made sense logically, but everyone says "Listen to the beat writers! Follow the beat writers!" Well, I did and ended up getting Pagan in every mixed league only to have him be a MR. 

It’s definitely understandable logic to follow the whispers but my counter point was pagan was bad in the role last year (I owned him) and they revamped the whole bullpen for a reason so it made no sense that he’d be the guy. But I could have just as easily been wrong. Heck it still could go the other way if Melancon struggles.

if it makes you feel any better I own Melancon and the owner of pagan in my league ended up keeping him over several better players in his last slot AND turned down multiple lucrative offers from me to handcuff. But now he’s stuck with a MR. So you weren’t alone in buying the beat writer whispers. 

Edited by cyberer
1 minute ago, cyberer said:

It’s definitely understandable logic but my counter point was pagan was bad in the role last year (I owned him) and they revamped the whole bullpen for a reason so it made no sense that he’d be the guy. But I could have just as easily been wrong. Heck it still could go the other way if Melancon struggles 

Tbh, it didn't make a lot of sense to me, either. I figured Melancon, Kela, or Pom would be the guys...but Acee kept saying Pagan Pagan Pagan. So I went with the beat writer. 

Last night was the Ian Kennedy I remember.

(4 hrs ago) Kennedy's velocity was down during Sunday's loss to the Padres, Sam Blum of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Kennedy had been hitting 95 mph during previous outings but was at 92 on Sunday, when the Padres reached him for three hits, including a home run. Despite Kennedy's drop in velocity, manager Chris Woodward said there was nothing wrong with the pitcher, who is serving as the Rangers' closer.

• Like 1

Sign of life for us Holland truthers?

(15 mins ago) Hahn was placed on the 10-day injured list due to right shoulder impingement syndrome Monday.

Hahn took blown saves in each of his past two relief appearances, but some of his struggles could have been attributed to his shoulder issue. The right-hander will be eligible to return from the injured list April 22, although it's not yet clear whether he'll be able to do so. Right-hander Jake Newberry was recalled from the Royals' alternate site to serve as bullpen depth in Hahn's absence.

Just now, herschel said:

Sign of life for us Holland truthers?

(15 mins ago) Hahn was placed on the 10-day injured list due to right shoulder impingement syndrome Monday.

Hahn took blown saves in each of his past two relief appearances, but some of his struggles could have been attributed to his shoulder issue. The right-hander will be eligible to return from the injured list April 22, although it's not yet clear whether he'll be able to do so. Right-hander Jake Newberry was recalled from the Royals' alternate site to serve as bullpen depth in Hahn's absence.

Or Davis, Barlow, and staumont owners...lol

• Like 1

Staumont had Covid early in camp so that may explain why he hasn’t been in to start the season as much as anticipated. And yea, he needs to show improvement in his 3rd season with the control. Even if he’s a late inning guy, KC usage is totally unpredictable at this point and you can prob pencil him to 3rd or 4th out from closing depending on how you see Barlow and Wade Davis. 

14 hours ago, JCD said:

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

In fairness, it's almost always better to go with a journalist over a gut instinct. Everyone has a gut instinct. Not everyone has inside sources. That said, my understanding was that there was more than just one writer hinting at Pagan being the guy.

• Like 3

Yimi is clearly the closer now, and Mattingly is a saves guy. He does not like having multiple closers.

Only reason why Garcia came in before a save situation tonight when it was 3-3 was because of Acuña, but the Marlins tried their hardest not to use him in that situation. They opened the bottom of the 9th with Adam Cimber who has been terrible. Mattingly is more in the “don’t use your closer unless it’s a save situation” kind of guy so that’s good for whoever needs the saves.

Bass stinks, the Albies sac fly he allowed tonight could’ve easily been a grand slam. 

• Like 1