Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Anybody watch the Cleveland game? What happened to Clase? 

Should have been an inning ending double play but the first baseman made a horrible throw to second into the outfield letting the runner score. Not worried about Clase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

Clase lost the game tonight although not really his fault.

Came into a 3-3 game in the bottom of the 9th and the Indians lost the game on an error.

Still think Cleveland will have multiple guys getting save chances, but Clase looks like the best bet. Karinchak should get some chances too though, he’s a stud, as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Hand with his first save but had to make it interesting 

 

He was completely hosed by the ump on the walk. I yelled at the TV a couple times.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing Sims was warming up with Longoria in mind in case Antone gave up a baserunner. A committee-type move.

Reds announcers just said as much, that the Giants are a sea of righties tonight and that might be why we're seeing Sims here.

Edited by Caelum
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Anybody watch the Cleveland game? What happened to Clase? 

He Screwed the pooch once he won the closers job the other day and now we have to debate he keeps it again already. This freakin Guy on 2nd in extra innings rule  SUCKS for RPs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 9703 said:

Clase lost the game tonight although not really his fault.

Came into a 3-3 game in the bottom of the 9th and the Indians lost the game on an error.

Still think Cleveland will have multiple guys getting save chances, but Clase looks like the best bet. Karinchak should get some chances too though, he’s a stud, as well.

Dude still gave up a hit and a walk to put himself in that situation to begin with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mks said:

IF Clase is really THE MAN why is he coming into the game in the 9th tied with his team on the road?

This bullpen has all the makings of a 3 headed nightmare.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mks said:

IF Clase is really THE MAN why is he coming into the game in the 9th tied with his team on the road?

[...] that’s one of the highest leverage situations possible...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JCD said:

This bullpen has all the makings of a 3 headed nightmare.

 

It very well could be, Karinchak is nasty and they apparently wanted to give Wittgren his share for some reason.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

[...] that’s one of the highest leverage situations possible...

HUMMM True closers usually don;t get the 9th tied on the road only at home. This has the makings of a 3 headed monster like the last poster said. Play Match up committee all yr

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawkeyezz said:

Should have been an inning ending double play but the first baseman made a horrible throw to second into the outfield letting the runner score. Not worried about Clase.

Its Not My Fault GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

As AnonymousRob said, Clase put 2 guys on. A closer's job is to K guys, not put them on base.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...