NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Anybody watch the Cleveland game? What happened to Clase? 

Should have been an inning ending double play but the first baseman made a horrible throw to second into the outfield letting the runner score. Not worried about Clase.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

Clase lost the game tonight although not really his fault.

Came into a 3-3 game in the bottom of the 9th and the Indians lost the game on an error.

Still think Cleveland will have multiple guys getting save chances, but Clase looks like the best bet. Karinchak should get some chances too though, he’s a stud, as well.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Hand with his first save but had to make it interesting 

He was completely hosed by the ump on the walk. I yelled at the TV a couple times.

• Thanks 3

I'm guessing Sims was warming up with Longoria in mind in case Antone gave up a baserunner. A committee-type move.

Reds announcers just said as much, that the Giants are a sea of righties tonight and that might be why we're seeing Sims here.

Edited by Caelum
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Anybody watch the Cleveland game? What happened to Clase? 

He Screwed the pooch once he won the closers job the other day and now we have to debate he keeps it again already. This freakin Guy on 2nd in extra innings rule  SUCKS for RPs

1 hour ago, 9703 said:

Clase lost the game tonight although not really his fault.

Came into a 3-3 game in the bottom of the 9th and the Indians lost the game on an error.

Still think Cleveland will have multiple guys getting save chances, but Clase looks like the best bet. Karinchak should get some chances too though, he’s a stud, as well.

Dude still gave up a hit and a walk to put himself in that situation to begin with. 

26 minutes ago, mks said:

IF Clase is really THE MAN why is he coming into the game in the 9th tied with his team on the road?

This bullpen has all the makings of a 3 headed nightmare.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mks said:

IF Clase is really THE MAN why is he coming into the game in the 9th tied with his team on the road?

[...] that’s one of the highest leverage situations possible...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, JCD said:

This bullpen has all the makings of a 3 headed nightmare.

It very well could be, Karinchak is nasty and they apparently wanted to give Wittgren his share for some reason.

7 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

[...] that’s one of the highest leverage situations possible...

HUMMM True closers usually don;t get the 9th tied on the road only at home. This has the makings of a 3 headed monster like the last poster said. Play Match up committee all yr

2 hours ago, hawkeyezz said:

Should have been an inning ending double play but the first baseman made a horrible throw to second into the outfield letting the runner score. Not worried about Clase.

Its Not My Fault GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

As AnonymousRob said, Clase put 2 guys on. A closer's job is to K guys, not put them on base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1