• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Kevin Barker said:

Karinchak owners are getting feisty in here....

What do you expect? They spent a 7th round pick on him. They need their roi.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, mks said:

HUMMM True closers usually don;t get the 9th tied on the road only at home. This has the makings of a 3 headed monster like the last poster said. Play Match up committee all yr

Ehh...I think at home it is very high leverage and on the road statistically it is still better to use your best reliever rather than wait for a save chance that may never come.  Francona is pretty statistically aware, do not think I'd read into it anything other than that Clase is co-equal or the stopper.

Edited by Whizzinator
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Huh?  I got him in the 12th in a 12  teamer. I know he was great last year but the committee risk was baked into the price a bit. Seemed like solid value at the time as long as I nailed down Wittgren too.  Whoops!

2 hours ago, Whizzinator said:

Ehh...I think at home it is very high leverage and on the road statistically it is still better to use your best reliever rather than wait for a save chance that may never come.  Francona is pretty statistically aware, do not think I'd read into it anything other than that Clase is co-equal or the stopper.

I just want to have Clase be the guy who gets the next save chance when it pops up. If that happens I will believe he has the job to himself. 

4 hours ago, Kevin Barker said:

Karinchak owners are getting feisty in here....

Just came in here this morning to forewarn everyone:

Tonight when there's a save chance for Cleveland and Karinchak comes in please don't freak out everyone lol.  Clase is the closer.  He has pitched in 4 of the last 5 games and 5 of the last 7.  I'd be surprised if he's available tonight and honestly he should not have pitched last night.  I was not surprised he did not have his A+ stuff.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Just came in here this morning to forewarn everyone:

Tonight when there's a save chance for Cleveland and Karinchak comes in please don't freak out everyone lol.  Clase is the closer.  He has pitched in 4 of the last 5 games and 5 of the last 7.  I'd be surprised if he's available tonight and honestly he should not have pitched last night.  I was not surprised he did not have his A+ stuff.

Probably a good night for Biebs to go the distance, might be tricky against the ChiSox though.

13 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Probably a good night for Biebs to go the distance, might be tricky against the ChiSox though.

Without Anderson Eloy and Moncada looking like the worst hitter in baseball lately I don;t see much problem with Beebs wiffing about 14-15 of those chumps today. The last 8 days for my team have been pretty rough dealing with injuries and under performing players like Monceda and Lowe in TB that have me stressed out. However a BEEBS complete game 14 K game would make all that past pain go away and put a BIG sheet eatting grin on my face. UNLEASH THE BEEBS!!!!!!

4 hours ago, pbjfb said:

More like tenth round, but point taken. 

2 hours ago, mks said:

Without Anderson Eloy and Moncada looking like the worst hitter in baseball lately I don;t see much problem with Beebs wiffing about 14-15 of those chumps today. The last 8 days for my team have been pretty rough dealing with injuries and under performing players like Monceda and Lowe in TB that have me stressed out. However a BEEBS complete game 14 K game would make all that past pain go away and put a BIG sheet eatting grin on my face. UNLEASH THE BEEBS!!!!!!

Moncada has good #'s against Beebs

3 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Didn't Kendall Graveman have an ERA of like 5-6 last year?  That probably wont last either.

While true, he looks like a much different pitcher this year...stuff is up several ticks and looks really good.