• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle.¬†ūüė°

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

Is Toronto just resting Merryweather since it's no longer a save situation? Guy picked up a hold with only two pitches, so I guess I can understand the appeal of keeping him rested and ready for the next game.

Edited by AnonymousRob
28 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Valdez is a god at getting wins but not saves 

He blew one and his pen mates not great at holding leads either.

In other news, Graveman somehow got out of it with a man on 2nd and no outs and giving up three hard hit balls. It's good to be lucky.

Edited by papasmurf
2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

He has 2 wins and 2 saves this year with a very solid ERA And WHIP

I am not knocking him, just saying he blew his last chance.

Hell, he has my team's only 2 wins on the year... so thank god for him or it would be 0.

Team ERA in the mid-3s, but SPs get no run support.

55 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

WTF was Adam plutko kept in to try to get the save for the orioles?

They actually had Valdez warming. But Plutko gave up the tying 2 run HR before Valdez could even get loose. I’m not sure why plutko was on the mound at all in the last inning though. 

At least Valdez got the W. 

34 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Is Toronto just resting Merryweather since it's no longer a save situation? Guy picked up a hold with only two pitches, so I guess I can understand the appeal of keeping him rested and ready for the next game.

He has left hip irritation 

• Like 1

Yeah of course Merryweather has to get injured.  Rotoworld blurb on it.

Julian Merryweather is experiencing "left hip irritation," per Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo.

Merryweather entered for the final out of the eighth inning Tuesday night against the Yankees and also would have worked the ninth for a save opportunity had he felt well enough to do so. Montoyo said after the game that there were no further updates on the severity of the issue from the team's medical staff. Look for more information ahead of Wednesday's series finale versus New York.

Source: Rob Longley on TwitterApr 13                , 2021, 10:35 PM ET

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 minute ago, jdizzle said:

Huge 4 out save tonight for Holland including a big strikeout of Trout. 

That was as lucky as they come, if that wild pitch doesn't happen to hit Walsh he blows that save

Just now, murraygd13 said:

That was as lucky as they come, if that wild pitch doesn't happen to hit Walsh he blows that save

His stuff looked good tonight I am encouraged by the outing 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Tribe and Royals are gonna be crap shoots all year on who gets the save opp, difference is the tribe have 3 very solid options..lol

Not sure Cleveland is that hard to figure out. It's been Clase anytime he's been available. He's being rested today and the other save (which Wittgren got) was only after Clase and Karinchak had been used in a tie game. Cleveland has not passed up Clase when there's been a save and he's been available.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Just came in here this morning to forewarn everyone:

Tonight when there's a save chance for Cleveland and Karinchak comes in please don't freak out everyone lol.  Clase is the closer.  He has pitched in 4 of the last 5 games and 5 of the last 7.  I'd be surprised if he's available tonight and honestly he should not have pitched last night.  I was not surprised he did not have his A+ stuff.

On point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ROTOWORLD

James Karinchak spun a scoreless 10th inning against the White Sox on Tuesday to record his first save of the season.
Analysis: Emmanuel Clase was likely unavailable after pitching on back-to-back days prior to this contest, therefore Karinchak was summoned by manager Terry Francona to protect a two-run lead in the bottom of the 10th inning. The hard-throwing 25-year-old righty struck out Nick Williams, induced a harmless ground out from Yasmani Grandal, and coaxed a game-ending, fly out from Jake Lamb to slam the door. Karinchak could vulture the occasional save chance, but it's unlikely that Clase will give up the closer role, especially given how well he's pitched this season.