• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Calling him unenviable is a little harsh. 🙂

Assuming you mean ‘unavailable’, he saved game 1. 

dammit,

I had unavailable spelled wrong and when I clicked to correct it that is what it went with.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Lions share on a garbage team = 30

Splitting saves on the Dodgers/good team = 20....TOPS

Has it not already been proven that team win totals are not strongly correlated with save opportunities?

Old reference

Own the closer with a long leash, good ratios are certainly a plus

Edited by itaos
  • Like 1

Closer monkey tweeted that Romano is hitting IL but don’t see the news anywhere else. Anybody know what’s up?

8 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Bad site.

I'm curious why you say this? Closer Monkey has always been a useful site to me. Also, they were right about this. Romano is going on the IL. 

12 minutes ago, wtb88 said:

Closer monkey tweeted that Romano is hitting IL but don’t see the news anywhere else. Anybody know what’s up?

It's on NBC now. This sounds much more serious than Merriweather's injury. I was going to drop him, but now I'm inclined to try to hold him (Merriweather). 

Blue Jays placed RHP Jordan Romano on the 10-day injured list with right ulnar neuritis

A significant loss for the Blue Jays pitching staff. This comes a bit out of nowhere as there were no real reports of Romano being injured prior to this placement. An update on how long the right-hander is expected to be out should be available shortly, but for now, Toronto -- and fantasy managers -- will be without Romano's services for at least a couple of weeks. 

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm curious why you say this? Closer Monkey has always been a useful site to me. Also, they were right about this. Romano is going on the IL. 

Stopped following them preseason because there was some clear errors in their depth chart .

Do they keep up with current info....seems so.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Assuming Dolis doesn't take the job and run with it, sounds like Merryweather can win the job back. 

Really wish they’d provide an update about the severity of Merryweather’s injury. I’m now holding tons of shares of two different injured Blue Jays relievers.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

dammit,

I had unavailable spelled wrong and when I clicked to correct it that is what it went with.

I feel your pain. Sent a text once referencing a doctor named Wellendorf. Auto-correct changed it to ‘Dr Well - endowed’.  😳

• Haha 4
30 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

With all the injuries in the jays pen, wonder if borucki or mayza could be involved in the save situations?

or do they pick up a FA or trade

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Bad site.

I love Closer Monkey.  Best logo on a fantasy baseball website.  Looks like the typical fantasy baseball owner to me too using all the stats and stuff but in the end just hitting a random pick.

Also the more the site is criticized here the more I go there.  Go Monkey Guy, you beat this forum to the Romano news!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2