NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 April Closer Thread

7 minutes ago, Miketrout009 said:

Lucas Sims needs to pick up in ALL leagues now. The way the Reds is using the bullpen this week and last week clearly shows that Sims is the guy to own. Maybe Antone gets a shot too but he is more of a multi-inning guy. 

Maybe wait a hot second on that pick-up...

16 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Maybe wait a hot second on that pick-up...

I do think Sims was the pickup before tonight. And he might still be the pickup, but Doolittle is someone to keep an eye on. The velocity is back up this season close to his career norms.  And it's not like Sims or Amir have run away with the job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

G2 of a doubleheader so not that early, but hoping they are looking for five outs

Right, but the first game they didn’t use anyone I figured he would just pitch the one inning. 

9 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Diekman to start the seventh, and presumably to close it out. That's a bummer.

It would be too easy just to stick with the guy that's been doing well so far

• Like 1

Is anyone planning on stashing Merryweather? [...] from the reading I have done it looks like the oblique injury could keep him out for like 6 weeks. I just don't know if that is even worth keeping around. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed bench coach content

As a Trivino owner not exactly worried about Diekman’s appearance tonight. He opened the inning by hitting Nelson Cruz and ended the inning on a ball Astudillo crushed to LF which required a leaping catch by Canha to avoid being a 2 RBI double. Guessing Trivino gets the next shot. 

8 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Is anyone planning on stashing Merryweather? [...] I think Merryweather stuff more, but from the reading I have done it looks like the oblique injury could keep him out for like 6 weeks. I just don't know if that is even worth keeping around. 

I don’t think I can roster a potential closer with an multi week oblique injury - just too likely to be my first drop for someone else. If you have space on the IL a and he’s cheap sure otherwise I’d pass.

2 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Is anyone planning on stashing Merryweather? [...] from the reading I have done it looks like the oblique injury could keep him out for like 6 weeks. I just don't know if that is even worth keeping around. 

That is what the 10 IL slots are for that Yahoo gives you.  If you are playing in a private Yahoo league and your commish hasn't changed the number to the 10 max you should tell him too.  Don't know if you can do it in season but definitely don't play in a Yahoo league next year at least without all 10 slots activated.  In today's game players drop like flies and last season and this players are flying on and off the covid-19 stuff that is also IL eligible that you need them.

I got Merryweather in a slot for sure.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

7 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Merryweather better hurry the heck up getting back if he wants to keep his closer's role.  Yes, he looked great to start the season, but it was only 1 week, not really enough time to firmly entrench himself as the closer in Montoyo's mind.  If he's out 6 weeks, that's really giving Dolis a chance to run with the job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Is that the news? Haven’t seen anything on him in a while. I currently have him burning a bench spot awaiting a timetable.