NBC Sports Edge Forums

My Sims bias aside, he should have been out of that inning with no damage. But Bell pulled Senzel for Naquin and he took an awful line and made a **** attempt at that Peralta triple.

Nice work David Bell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Wild pitch, Walk, Single, infield single, out. Control was not there, but he was not hit hard

Then the guy after him let in 2 of the runs. The first run was the runner on second to start the extra innings. Sloppy but not as bad as the line looks. He shouldn't have been out there for more than 1 batter in the 10th. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tucker26 said:

Then the guy after him let in 2 of the runs. The first run was the runner on second to start the extra innings. Sloppy but not as bad as the line looks. He shouldn't have been out there for more than 1 batter in the 10th. 

I was listening on the radio...the two hits would have been outs without the shift...routine ground balls that found the way through the infield due to the shift.

• Like 1

Maybe Sims didn't look great today, but it's not like any guys in that bullpen played at a level that demands they be given the job in this series. Antone was probably the best, but that's a really low bar. Doolittle and Amir were both lousy. Antone still gave up a run and blew a save. Plus if they're eyeballing him as a starter they're probably not eager to limit him at 1-2 inning stints.

13 minutes ago, juice219 said:

Graveman in the 8th inning again. Looks like Montero is back in the role. 

It's a tie game and they had just tied it up in the top of the inning so I wouldn't say this shows Montero is the closer. Definitely something to monitor especially considering he played the fireman role last time out.  Doesn't look like they're planning on him coming out for the ninth, so who knows how this mess will play out.

ETA Montero in the ninth in a tie game. Still no definitive roles, but this isn't what Graveman owners wanted to see.

Edited by AnonymousRob
4 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

I was listening on the radio...the two hits would have been outs without the shift...routine ground balls that found the way through the infield due to the shift.

Exactly right - of course sometimes the blame is on the pitcher or catcher if they are pitching the batter away with the shift in place.  I saw this happen in the game and not just to Sims.  Peralta schooled them in this regard in his final AB.

21 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

It's a tie game and they had just tied it up in the top of the inning so I wouldn't say this shows Montero is the closer. Definitely something to monitor especially considering he played the fireman role last time out.  Doesn't look like they're planning on him coming out for the ninth, so who knows how this mess will play out.

ETA Montero in the ninth in a tie game. Still no definitive roles, but this isn't what Graveman owners wanted to see.

Montero is the closer. It’s that simple.

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Montero is the closer. It’s that simple.

Closer situations seem to be fluid all throughout the league. It's becoming more and more frustrating for fantasy managers but it makes sense to put your best RP in the game in the highest leverage situations.

• Like 1

Royals placed RHP Greg Holland on the injured list.

No reasons were given for Holland's placement on the injured list, so presumably it'll be the COVID-19 IL. Brad Brach was recalled from the team's alternate training site in a corresponding move and will take Holland's place in the Royals bullpen. In the meantime, look for Wade Davis, Scott Barlow and company to handle any save chances that may arise.
———————-

Knowing that Staumont has the best stuff in the Royals pen, who do we think is the best pickup for blood thirsty saves only leagues?  Davis, Staumont or Barlow?  

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Royals placed RHP Greg Holland on the injured list.

No reasons were given for Holland's placement on the injured list, so presumably it'll be the COVID-19 IL. Brad Brach was recalled from the team's alternate training site in a corresponding move and will take Holland's place in the Royals bullpen. In the meantime, look for Wade Davis, Scott Barlow and company to handle any save chances that may arise.
———————-

Knowing that Staumont has the best stuff in the Royals pen, who do we think is the best pickup for blood thirsty saves only leagues?  Davis, Staumont or Barlow?  

Staumont is probably the lead

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Should have known it would be diekman..trivino threw a ton of pitches 2 days ago

This is what happened. Is Trivino the clear-cut closer who is going to easily hold onto the job all year? Ehhh...but don't factor in tonight all that much. They were trying to avoid using him if possible. Announcers were talking about it as well.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

I assume Colome was unavailable after throwing a bunch against Oakland the other day? 

I don't think they trust Colome right now. He has not looked good and Rogers has.  It probably will still be a committee most of the year.  But Rogers seems to get people out and Colome does not right now.