NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Will Antone get to pitch anytime soon? 

Anyone seems more likely to get a start than a shot at closer to me. But then again I am often wrong

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Diego Castillo out with vaccine side effects. Fairbanks will be back soon. Next chance probably goes to... Springs?

Diego went out a few days ago...he is back today!

13 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Will Antone get to pitch anytime soon? 

2 or 3 runs here in the top of the 8th and you’d get your wish (and mine).

Edited by meh2
18 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Gallegos in the running in the near future?

I know Reyes has some BB issues, but he’s 4 for 4 in saves with a 0.00 ERA.

Gallegos and his 6.75 ERA over his last 5 outings isn’t knocking down the door here.

• Like 3

Was doing some DIY work on a leaky shower today and then had to drive my wife around. Picked up Staumont last night but forgot to put Staumont in the lineup! Good to see it looks like he's the closer... until he blows one I guess.

• Like 1

Is anyone else wondering about Romano?  Small sample size last season, always hurt.  I probably will look for other options.

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Is anyone else wondering about Romano?  Small sample size last season, always hurt.  I probably will look for other options.

I’m wondering the same thing. He’s in the wire but is he even worth it?

6 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I’m wondering the same thing. He’s in the wire but is he even worth it?

I think it looks like they really, really want him to be the guy and coming off injury, I do not think they will hold last night against him

I think they give him every opp to own the job for the next 7-10 days, after that all bets are off if it's implosion after implosion!

• Like 1

Anyone still holding Barlow? I mean he looks like he could be a so so closer but realistically does he even have a shot at anything more than a handful this year barring 2 big injuries for KC?

1 hour ago, rotoguy74 said:

I think it looks like they really, really want him to be the guy and coming off injury, I do not think they will hold last night against him

I think they give him every opp to own the job for the next 7-10 days, after that all bets are off if it's implosion after implosion!

What makes you think they really want him to be the guy? When Yates went down they had the perfect opportunity to give him the job and they passed him over for Merryweather and kept running him out in the seventh. Maybe they think he's their best reliever, but he's not pitching like it and that doesn't do us any good if he's not getting saves.

Edited by JameisofThrones
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Anyone still holding Barlow? I mean he looks like he could be a so so closer but realistically does he even have a shot at anything more than a handful this year barring 2 big injuries for KC?

Holland came off the IL. I thought he was the guy.

Romano is an easy hold and bench for me. I want to see that he’s 100% healthy (ulnar neuritis tends to be recurring) and I want to see him get a save opportunity and convert before I put him in my starting lineup. I still believe he has the stuff to be an elite closer but I want to see it first. There’s a definite possibility that he’s just used in the fireman role relegating him with minimal value in a saves only league. 

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Romano is an easy hold and bench for me. I want to see that he’s 100% healthy (ulnar neuritis tends to be recurring) and I want to see him get a save opportunity and convert before I put him in my starting lineup. I still believe he has the stuff to be an elite closer but I want to see it first. There’s a definite possibility that he’s just used in the fireman role relegating him with minimal value in a saves only league. 

I think Castro will get the job over him.  Castro looks like he has really good control and lots of K’s.  

16 minutes ago, itaos said:

Remember when Shildt said Hicks would be eased in action? Small sample size and all but it's not looking good.

In theory they're intending to have him let loose in August and September when the games really count for them in the thick of the pennant race. In reality, I don't see it happening, and is he going to be worth hanging onto until then in hopes he gets a run at 12 saves? They used Gallegos for 2 innings yesterday with Reyes unavailable, and clearly have no intention to pitch Hicks back to back. You can't argue he's better to own for saves than a guy who has maybe 1/3 of a timeshare like KC, DET, MIN, heck even all the random Rays guys out there right now. Perhaps I'm overly pessimistic but you get the point, the immediate outlook is muddy.

7 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Reyes gets the save but did not look great

Should probably just keep this sentence saved in a file somewhere to paste in every time he pitches.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Reyes gets the save but did not look great

2 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Should probably just keep this sentence saved in a file somewhere to paste in every time he pitches.

2 more walks today...as a Reyes owner I'm officially nervous. Now feels like it might be the time to sell high while that era is still a sparkling 0.00. The question is, who to target (outside of the obvious)...

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

2 more walks today...as a Reyes owner I'm officially nervous. Now feels like it might be the time to sell high while that era is still a sparkling 0.00. The question is, who to target (outside of the obvious)...

To bring this back to a more general question, how about we re-rank the top 10 - 15 RPs? I'm curious where someone like Iglesias in particular would land in your rankings. 

I'll take a crack. Feel free to shoot holes in this. 

Updated closer rankings, as of April 25th

1) Hader
2) Chapman
3) Hendriks
4) Diaz
5) Iglesias
6) Kimbrel
7) Jansen
8)Pressly
9) Hand
10) Barnes
11) McGee
13) Clase
12) Reyes
14) Melancon
15) Smith
16) Neris
`17) Garcia
18) Trivino
19) Bard
20) Colome

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'll take a crack. Feel free to shoot holes in this. 

Updated closer rankings, as of April 25th

1) Hader
2) Chapman
3) Hendriks
4) Diaz
5) Iglesias
6) Kimbrel
7) Jansen
8)Pressly
9) Hand
10) Barnes
11) McGee