Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I believe there was one out when I saw it. 

Either way, it may or may not be fluid. When they showed the pen during the Boston home half (I believe), Scott was the only one up and made it obvious their direction. 

Yeah - you might be right - the key point I was making is that Valdez was up, and presumably would have gone in if Means got into trouble.  Seems to be a strong indication that this is based on matchups - but we’ll see. I think Valdez was actually warming up at the start of the inning - if Means had allowed a base runner he would have been pulled. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Why don't you come over here and say that?!"

I hate closers - I feel like a dog chasing my tail in a circle. 😡

I’ve been watching the Tigers game. Clase was the only one warming up a few days ago when it looked like the Indians might tie or take the lead. Today, Karinchak was the only guy warming up in th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Inside joke..King posted something the other day that was from 2018 about Kela being announced as the closer

Ah okay. My bad, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Miami bullpen is fugly. An embarrassment of riches on the starting pitcher side, but nothing of note in the bullpen. Maybe they bring up one of their younger arms there? Maybe a younger guy like Zach Pop emerges? If only Edward Cabrera was healthy, I feel like he could push someone like Elieser Hernandez to the pen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope Cash just lets Castillo run with the closer role. He’s looked great two consecutive nights and is already hitting upper 90s with his sinker. Fairbanks is going to be a big time holds guy either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jericho said:

That Miami bullpen is fugly. An embarrassment of riches on the starting pitcher side, but nothing of note in the bullpen. Maybe they bring up one of their younger arms there? Maybe a younger guy like Zach Pop emerges? If only Edward Cabrera was healthy, I feel like he could push someone like Elieser Hernandez to the pen.

Elieser is too good to put in the pen. Come on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Elieser is too good to put in the pen. Come on.

Too good? The guy with a career 4.82 ERA? If you want to see what you have with Elieser, that's fine. Give him some starts. But he is basically a two pitch pitcher, which usually means the bullpen in the end. Health is obviously a big concern with pitchers too, but in an ideal world, all of Lopez, Rogers, Sanchez, Alcantara, and Cabrera should be better starting options for the Marlins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to put it on record:

Mcgee is warming for R,L,R hitters due up. Moronta is the only bullpen arm not to pitch yet. What's my point? Mcgee is not a matchup closer. He's taking on 2 RHHs even with a rested Moronta.

 

 

* I was the first person who put a tweet in the offseason closer thread where Kapler said Mcgee was a possible closer, so be very careful how/if you reply to this post.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Too good? The guy with a career 4.82 ERA? If you want to see what you have with Elieser, that's fine. Give him some starts. But he is basically a two pitch pitcher, which usually means the bullpen in the end. Health is obviously a big concern with pitchers too, but in an ideal world, all of Lopez, Rogers, Sanchez, Alcantara, and Cabrera should be better starting options for the Marlins.

You’re pretending 2020 didn’t happen and pretending that he didn’t have a fire spring training with development of his change up too. Zero point in taking a talented arm that has worked in the starting rotation with considerable additional upside and putting him in the bullpen. But let’s not derail this thread further.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hendricks crapped the bed...but got the job done and qualified for the SV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Just want to put it on record:

Mcgee is warming for R,L,R hitters due up. Moronta is the only bullpen arm not to pitch yet. What's my point? Mcgee is not a matchup closer. He's taking on 2 RHHs even with a rested Moronta.

 

 

* I was the first person who put a tweet in the offseason closer thread where Kapler said Mcgee was a possible closer, so be very careful how/if you reply to this post.

Plus he pitched last night

Link to post
Share on other sites

McGee really is amazing.  He is basically a one pitch pitcher with the FB.  The batters know what is coming and still can't him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...