NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If neither Adell nor Marsh is promoted, then the corresponding move should be sending the California Los Angeles of Anaheim down to the AAA West.

Ground breaking.    There are also a ton of “young mashers” who do figure it out or are perfectly fine at the MLB level with such K rates because they tear the cover off the ball when they do h

Adell is the kind of prospect that I try to acquire when I'm rebuilding, but not the kind I want when I'm one or two players away from contending.  The error bars around his projections are just so hi

Fowler is bad but Jo is quite literally the worst defensive outfielder I've ever seen. Really hope he can make some strides as a fielder this season to help get him into the lineup

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Fowler is bad but Jo is quite literally the worst defensive outfielder I've ever seen. Really hope he can make some strides as a fielder this season to help get him into the lineup

Worse than Eloy?

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Worse than Eloy?

Has Eloy turned 2 flyballs in play into HR's?

Honestly, it was jarring just how bad he was defensively. You figured we would have heard something in the scouting reports etc but I was not prepared for how much of a butcher he was out there last year

Brandon Marsh IMO is the name to keep track of for potentially replacing Fowler this year. He's very good defensively so that alone already gives him a leg up on Adell.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought it was telling that they didnt even think he was good enough to start as a bench bat. I think its wishful thinking that he will come up anytime soon.

IMHO, I think the reason why he did not start in the bigs this year was the Angels' brass want him to play everyday.  He needs more seasoning to sharpen his skills before he can play in the bigs.  Getting intermittent playing time on the big league bench won't help his development as much as playing everyday in the minors.  He was over matched last year and probably would have played in AA or AAA most of the year.  As stated earlier, he needs to improve his fielding as well and playing everyday should help that.

I do agree its wishful thinking he will come up anytime soon.  However, who knows and stranger things happen all the time.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Strikeforce316 said:

anything?

where would he play?  They already have Trout, Upton and Walsh who has solidified his spot in the lineup.  With Ohtani at DH the only way Adell has a starting job is if they put Albert out to pasture which is highly unlikely

• Like 1

How has he been doing in the minors?

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

How has he been doing in the minors?

His 1st game is tonight.

1 minute ago, dcristia said:

I'd assume Marsh gets the first shot

Marsh is out until mid-May with continued shoulder soreness from ST...he could hardly throw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Is there service time issues with Adell having to stay down a bit though?

If they want to manipulate another year out of him, then yes, they need to keep him down until roughly 50 games have been played.

If you're talking about Super Two, he ain't coming up till the last month of the season.

Edited by Overlord

Off to a really solid start in AAA. Angels are obviously in win now mode - to the point where I am not sure how beneficial an extra year of control is for a guy like Adell. Taylor Ward does not seem like a long term fit. 

My gut is we see Adell sooner rather than later. This gives the Angels time to see if the adjustments he has made stick, if not they probably send him back down once Marsh is healthy enough. He feels like a player to stash it he’s still available.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

Off to a really solid start in AAA. Angels are obviously in win now mode - to the point where I am not sure how beneficial an extra year of control is for a guy like Adell. Taylor Ward does not seem like a long term fit. 

My gut is we see Adell sooner rather than later. This gives the Angels time to see if the adjustments he has made stick, if not they probably send him back down once Marsh is healthy enough. He feels like a player to stash it he’s still available.

I'm watching but until he gets his K rate down I'm on the sidelines

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mudrummer said:

Not sure about that. 33% K% with an 18% swinging strike %. Obviously talking a very small sample size as of right now but that's not giving a lot of optimism out of the gate regarding the massive hit tool concerns. That's in addition to the already well known defensive issues he displayed in his short stint last year.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Blood Brother said:

Not sure about that. 33% K% with an 18% swinging strike %. 

Took the words out of my mouth.  This guy's struggles are pretty well documented and, unfortunately for the Angels in particular, he's a terrible outfielder.  The Angels defense already feels like it has to be the worst in baseball (if not them then the Reds).  

Since he's had a fairly hot start this year at AAA that sorta camouflages his hit tool deficiencies, Angels should try to trade him cause he has complete bust written all over him.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1

He plays in the PCL so I tend to look at more than just the headline numbers.  Everyone hits in that league so what concerns me is the 2 to 8 BB to K's so far in a small sample.  It looks like he just ran into a couple of high altitude homers which might be overshadowing potential issues at the plate.  The sample is small tho so apply salt.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, herschel said:

trout out 6-8 weeks.  smoke em if you got em?

If anyone it will be Marsh who gets the promotion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Angels beat writer seems to think it will be neither Adell or Marsh.  A lot of the replies in that tweet string mention Jay or Schebler...