NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eduardo Escobar 2021 Outlook

He has started the first two games of the year at 2B (against both a lefty and righty) and bat cleanup today. 

He’s no great shakes as a fantasy 3B, but he hit 35 homers and drove in 120 runs in 2019.  Which was a big leap, but he seems to have a safe floor of around .270 .800 OPS with 20 homers and 150 runs produced

He’s only owned about 50%. And he hasn’t done well recently, but if he starts hitting and gets 2b eligibility he could see a leap in value. 

like a discount Moustakas or Muncy

He lasted a while in one of my leagues and I forgot about the 35 homer season when I checked his numbers and then drafted him.  The Indians offense isn't likely to be good, but batting 4th in any offense is great in fantasy.  I hope he hits and keeps that spot in the order.  Adding 2b/MI eligibility would be a bonus.

26 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He lasted a while in one of my leagues and I forgot about the 35 homer season when I checked his numbers and then drafted him.  The Indians offense isn't likely to be good, but batting 4th in any offense is great in fantasy.  I hope he hits and keeps that spot in the order.  Adding 2b/MI eligibility would be a bonus.

He’s on the diamondbacks.

and he had some exit velo stats in spring that were encouraging. I am bullish this year, but he’s been brutal so far 

His prior years (not 2020) track record is pretty good. I was sorry the Twins traded him. One of the good guys in the game and I still hope he does well going forward.

Escobar is making himself pretty interesting again. He's added 2B eligibility (on top of 3B), and swatted his 6th homer of the season today. The 2B eligibility is a surprise - he's played there just sparingly over the years but already 11 times in 2021 (8 starts).