NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/5 - GAME DAY THREAD

1 minute ago, evillaw4eva said:

After drafting Cruz pretty consistently for several years, once he left SEA I was convinced he would nose dive off a cliff. Needless to say I feel dumb every year. 

I can see avoiding him drafts, but it can’t feel good. Eventually he will be done if he keeps playing , but I value streaks, especially at discounts. He was near 100 adp. That bakes in a ton of risk. Plenty of round 8-11 guys bust every year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I can see avoiding him drafts, but it can’t feel good. Eventually he will be done if he keeps playing , but I value streaks, especially at discounts. He was near 100 adp. That bakes in a ton of risk. Plenty of round 8-11 guys bust every year. 

Damn I guess I reached for him 😅fuggit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

Funny you make that comparison, I have a tendency to draft a young high upside guy around his ADP with arguably more risk that ends up either busting or just being worse... Last year it was Meadows, the year before it was Vlad 😂

9 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

Funny you make that comparison, I have a tendency to draft a young high upside guy around his ADP with arguably more risk that ends up either busting or just being worse... Last year it was Meadows, the year before it was Vlad 😂

Meadows was a good pick last year, covid messed him up. Vlad was whatever, dealing with a guy with no major league experience and very young, not great there. 

Position player pitching in Detroit!

Cruz just missed hitting his third homer and Harold Castro just walked someone (who the hell is taking a walk at this point?).  

**Eight pitch inning!  Castro has a free and easy delivery, but the velocity just isn't there, even if he is working from a lowered arm slot.  While anyone throwing in late innings is of interest, I'm going to pass on him as a potential closer.  

Edited by Overlord

15 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Pittsburgh lineup card today is probably the weakest lineup card i've seen turned in in the last 20 years lol.

I take it you missed seeing the Pirates lineup for their first 3 games

17 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Pittsburgh lineup card today is probably the weakest lineup card i've seen turned in in the last 20 years lol.

I've got my streaming options against the Pirates lined up for the next two weeks.  Starting today with De Leon then tomorrow with Miley ...

Vlad just took a 95 mph fastball right off the (well-gloved) hand.  He's staying in the game, so I guess he's okay.  Looked scary.

Now Tellez just got hit.

Edited by Overlord

1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Vlad just took a 95 mph fastball right off the (well-gloved) hand.  He's staying in the game, so I guess he's okay.  Looked scary.

Now Tellez just got hit.

Watching the game.  He didn't even grimace or flex it while on 1st.  Just slid into home on that hand at immediately high 5ed Jansen.

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Watching the game.  He didn't even grimace or flex it while on 1st.  Just slid into home on that hand at immediately high 5ed Jansen.

So what you're saying is they might be able to save at least part of his forearm?

Modern medicine can truly work miracles.