NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/5 - GAME DAY THREAD

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Watching the game.  He didn't even grimace or flex it while on 1st.  Just slid into home on that hand at immediately high 5ed Jansen.

Fingers crossed. I’ve fractured a finger before and not known it was actually broken. 

17 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

I take it you missed seeing Hayes in the lineup the majority of those games

I stand by my post ... with or without Hayes the Pirates have a god awful lineup ... simply horrendous

Was Triston McKenzie pitching 3.0 innings planned?  I have him rostered in a league that fills bench spots with SP's and he's a waste of a roster spot if he isn't going to be starting...

Edited by cpdaly

23 minutes ago, cpdaly said:

Was Triston McKenzie pitching 3.0 innings planned?  I have him rostered in a league that fills bench spots with SP's and he's a waste of a roster spot if he isn't going to be starting...

I believe their schedule is set up such that they don't need their 5th starter for awhile so they might just be getting him some work.  That being said I've seen a few reports of them planning on limiting his IPs and maybe using him as a MR/opener at times in order to limit his work load.  I expect for him to get some starts down the road but I don't expect a ton of IPs either.  Time will tell but yeah, kind of disappointing.  

I picked up Montgomery for a spot start and so far so good. Only 58 pitches through 5. I know it’s the Orioles but they came in swinging a hot bat as a team.

1 minute ago, TheBoatmen said:

Anybody know why Randy Arozarena came out of the game?

I don’t believe he did - so no