NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4/5 - GAME DAY THREAD

16 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Rodon dominant  tonight

Just watched highlights of his start so far and he looks filthy. Either he is finally breaking through or our annual Rodon mega-tease start has come early.

Edit: Also hitting 96-97. Did not think he had that kind of velo left in him.

Edited by sleepysock
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Just watched highlights of his start so far and he looks filthy. Either he is finally breaking through or our annual Rodon mega-tease start has come early.

Edit: Also hitting 96-97. Did not think he had that kind of velo left in him.

End of mega-tease: in progress.

Ill distract myself from the Tatis disaster with Puk looking good (albeit a bit wild) against the dodgers. 3.1 IP so far, 1 hit and 4 Ks. Only hitting 94, but not bad. 

3 minutes ago, Bash Bros said:

He looks amazing so far tonight. 

*Don't get sucked back in for the 7th time*

Unless LaRussa gets cute, I imagine he's done after 4 with his pitch count above 80. Great way to start the season.

29 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Is Kim a quick addition if Tatis is out for a decent amount of time?

I would take a flyer on him and see if it works

25 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

19 swinging strikes in 5 IP, topped out at 98.4 MPH. Rodon was pure filth tonight. I'll happily take a flyer against the Royals later this week.

You're nuts. Don't do it.

How about the reverse angle - against the Mariners he lasts 5 innings. And some of us were begging for him to be taken out after 4.

16 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

You're nuts. Don't do it.

How about the reverse angle - against the Mariners he lasts 5 innings. And some of us were begging for him to be taken out after 4.

He's never been efficient. Rodon has the potential to give you 10+ K/9 and a 3.85 ERA. For a streamer/last guy on your staff that's not bad. Obviously you don't start him against teams like the Twins and Stros, but he has legit swing and miss stuff. I don't care who you're facing, if you average nearly 4 whiffs per inning over a start that is impressive. Twitter also tells me he has tweaked his delivery this year, which, who knows, might keep him healthier and more consistent.