NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Solano had a hot spring, and he is following it up with a hot start to the season. His numbers (other than BA) don’t jump out, and he won’t steal anything, but keep in mind he is batting third this year. That means more runs scored and more RBI.

I agree with you on Solano, we've seen a decent enough sample size. His multi position is super valuable also. As much of a consistent hitting machine he's been, I don't see how he's not starting on many rosters or holding down a UT slot. He can slide in when other position bats are slumping and provide instant offense. 

Some say why bother as he doesn't hit HRS or knock many in. But to get the nice consistent boost to your average and runs, he's still really great to roster in many formats. I'm sure many of us currently got a couple players doing absolutely zero thus far, he's great to slide all over your lineup to fill in where needed and make sure you're not taking a total loss at the positions he has eligibility for if your regulars are struggling.

Edited by tonywow

I picked him up for the steals

• 3 weeks later...

SF Chronicle:

Solano is the most immediate concern because he is expected to land on the injured lad after straining his right calf muscle running from second to third in the sixth inning Wednesday. “He’s going to miss some time,” manager Gabe Kapler said.

Anyone who's not a doctor (but stayed at a holiday inn) have an idea got an idea of how long "some time" will be?   Two weeks?

Edited by Morat
4 hours ago, Morat said:

SF Chronicle:

Solano is the most immediate concern because he is expected to land on the injured lad after straining his right calf muscle running from second to third in the sixth inning Wednesday. “He’s going to miss some time,” manager Gabe Kapler said.

Anyone who's not a doctor (but stayed at a holiday inn) have an idea got an idea of how long "some time" will be?   Two weeks?

“some time” usually means more than 2 weeks.