NBC Sports Edge Forums

Community Mock NFL Draft 2021

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, the "only one" rule was already broken, so who cares. We'll just make it a circlej... I mean a pool Also inviting @BrianM @Flyman75 @Sack Exchange @pastorofmuppets2 @Deuce1042 @trilly @markrc

So far it's been an absolute blast, more fun than the actual draft. I propose to not just keep this going, but send it to some of the teams so they know what to pick

65    Jacksonville:      66    NY Jets:     mocha4313 67    Houston:      68    Atlanta:      69    Cincinnati:     smeeze 70    Philadelphia:      71    Denver:      72    Detroit:     

Posted Images

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

If I'm the G/M for the Dolphins, and this is the board that falls to me, my first choice is to try and trade out of the pick. But, based on having to pick at #18, MY pick is RB Travis Etienne.

Best pass receiving back in the draft IMO, and he's a threat to house it every time he has the ball in his hands. He gives Tua a check down, which is going to work to both of their strengths IMO. I could see Etienne easily getting 50-60 targets as a rookie, assuming he wins the starter's job (not a high bar) and gets plenty of PT. Perhaps a little early for a RB to come off the board based on historical drafting. But, I see a Faulk-iike skill set in him. Probably would've gone Waddle had he still been OTB.

Could've also gone Oline, but they invested heavily in the Oline in the draft last year, so they need to give them a chance to develop. There's still top talent OTB on the defensive side too. But, since they're all in on Tua, you've got to give him weapons to succeed.

Hmm interesting. I think Gaskin is suitable enough for Tua. I'm never a fan of picking RBs this high in drafts when there's other needs which their always is. I'd for sure shoot for OL.

• Thanks 1

I’ll go with Christian Darrisaw for the WFT - maybe not a flashy pick, but they’ve been on the hunt for a successor to Trent Williams for a while, and he can become their LT of the future.  They are also going to need to protect both Fitz and whoever ends up becoming their future QB.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, The G Man said:

If I'm the G/M for the Dolphins, and this is the board that falls to me, my first choice is to try and trade out of the pick. But, based on having to pick at #18, MY pick is RB Travis Etienne.

Best pass receiving back in the draft IMO, and he's a threat to house it every time he has the ball in his hands. He gives Tua a check down, which is going to work to both of their strengths IMO. I could see Etienne easily getting 50-60 targets as a rookie, assuming he wins the starter's job (not a high bar) and gets plenty of PT. Perhaps a little early for a RB to come off the board based on historical drafting. But, I see a Faulk-iike skill set in him. Probably would've gone Waddle had he still been OTB.

Could've also gone Oline, but they invested heavily in the Oline in the draft last year, so they need to give them a chance to develop. There's still top talent OTB on the defensive side too. But, since they're all in on Tua, you've got to give him weapons to succeed.

I see the reasoning behind this pick. Although, I think that Gaskin and Etienne provide the same skill set (but Etienne has the higher upside)

If the Fins would take a back, I think the reasonable pick is Harris for a thunder and lightning combo (like Ingram/Kamara or Stewart/Williams)

Based on our draft board, I'd have them picking Farley/Moehrig/Rousseau/Darrisaw with the 18th pick

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, fachowski said:

I see the reasoning behind this pick. Although, I think that Gaskin and Etienne provide the same skill set (but Etienne has the higher upside)

If the Fins would take a back, I think the reasonable pick is Harris for a thunder and lightning combo (like Ingram/Kamara or Stewart/Williams)

Based on our draft board, I'd have them picking Farley/Moehrig/Rousseau/Darrisaw with the 18th pick

I just don't see the reach for Running back happening at the 18 spot. My thoughts: they'll go with a defensive chess piece unless someone like Waddle is still there, then its all aboard the Tua Train.

• Thanks 1

I'll pick for New England unless someone else wants to. If we can accept trade offers I'd be interested in what may be available. Otherwise, I wonder whether Boogie Basham jr would available closer to the turn? Regardless, I'll take him.   

37 minutes ago, Chippa said:

QB round 1 or QB round 2

I came on late and offered to assume choosing for the Patriots when I didn't see that Beotos already had. However, due to recent reports he's convinced that the 'niners will draft Mac Jones. If that happens or you find it a reasonable assumption & your own board would otherwise suggest the top 5 QBs are already gone, your remaining choices are guys you should be able to land later. 

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’ll go with Christian Darrisaw for the WFT - maybe not a flashy pick, but they’ve been on the hunt for a successor to Trent Williams for a while, and he can become their LT of the future.  They are also going to need to protect both Fitz and whoever ends up becoming their future QB.

Well, that was my pick for Tennessee to plug in at RT as long as Lewan is healthy.

• Like 2

Since we're well past the premium talent part of the draft, I'd prefer to trade down (but assume there wouldn't be many suitors). I'm tempted to take Terrace Marshall, but the Bears already have Robinson as their big, contested catch target. I'll eat veggies and take Asante Samuel Jr. Since they released Kyle Fuller, CB is very much a need for them, the premium tackles are already gone (glad my Chargers got one), and the other offensive skill guys don't justify a pick this high, IMO.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

1    Jacksonville: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (Boudewijn)
2    NY Jets: Zack Wilson, QB, BYU (smeeze)
3    SF  (from Houston): Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (jumper)
4    Atlanta: Trey Lance, QB, ND State (mocha4313)
5    Cincinnati: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (ajs723)
6    MIA  (from Philadelphia): Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (fachowski)
7    Detroit: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (thebadferret)
8    Carolina: Devonta Smith, WR Alabama (P@ckersfan)
9    Denver: Micah Parsons, LB Penn State (lolcopter)
10   Dallas: Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama (The 7th Beatles)
11    NY Giants: Jaelan Phillips, DE Miami (Ryansm11)
12   PHI  (from San Francisco): Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech (beotos)
13   LA Chargers: Rashawn Slater, OL Northwestern (jumper)
14   Minnesota: Kwity Paye, DT/EDGE, Michigan (1st-Place-Phinish)
15   New England: Mac Jones, QB Alabama (beotos)
16    Arizona - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (bomont)
17    Las Vegas - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (ajs723)
18    Miami Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (The G Man)
19    Washington Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (BMcP)
20   Chicago Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (trilly)
21    Indianapolis @bomont
22    Tennessee @DerrickHenrysCleats
23      NYJ  (from Seattle) @Gohawks (just because)
24    Pittsburgh @Ryansm11 (again)
25      JAX  (from LA Rams)
26    Cleveland
27    Baltimore
28    New Orleans
29    Green Bay @P@ckersFan
30    Buffalo @PisEdiRin
31    Kansas City @mocha4313
32    Tampa Bay

Edited by Boudewijn
1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

I came on late and offered to assume choosing for the Patriots when I didn't see that Beotos already had. However, due to recent reports he's convinced that the 'niners will draft Mac Jones. If that happens or you find it a reasonable assumption & your own board would otherwise suggest the top 5 QBs are already gone, your remaining choices are guys you should be able to land later. 

My apologies, I was so tempted to draft Mac Jones for Pats, I thought someone else voted twice already should have read the rule. Sorry again.

3 minutes ago, beotos said:

My apologies, I was so tempted to draft Mac Jones for Pats, I thought someone else voted twice already should have read the rule. Sorry again.

No worries man!

@markrc99 Tampa is all yours. @bomont up for the Colts.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, bomont said:

The Colts find their replacement for their retired starting LT in Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas. 

1    Jacksonville: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (Boudewijn)
2    NY Jets: Zack Wilson, QB, BYU (smeeze)
3    SF  (from Houston): Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (jumper)
4    Atlanta: Trey Lance, QB, ND State (mocha4313)
5    Cincinnati: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (ajs723)
6    MIA  (from Philadelphia): Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (fachowski)
7    Detroit: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (thebadferret)
8    Carolina: Devonta Smith, WR Alabama (P@ckersfan)
9    Denver: Micah Parsons, LB Penn State (lolcopter)
10   Dallas: Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama (The 7th Beatles)
11    NY Giants: Jaelan Phillips, DE Miami (Ryansm11)
12   PHI  (from San Francisco): Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech (beotos)
13   LA Chargers: Rashawn Slater, OL Northwestern (jumper)
14   Minnesota: Kwity Paye, DT/EDGE, Michigan (1st-Place-Phinish)
15   New England: Mac Jones, QB Alabama (beotos)
16    Arizona - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (bomont)
17    Las Vegas - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (ajs723)
18    Miami Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (The G Man)
19    Washington Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (BMcP)
20   Chicago Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (trilly)
21    Indianapolis Samuel Cosmi, LT, Texas (bomont)
22    Tennessee @DerrickHenrysCleats
23      NYJ  (from Seattle) @Gohawks
24    Pittsburgh @Ryansm11 
25      JAX  (from LA Rams)
26    Cleveland
27    Baltimore
28    New Orleans
29    Green Bay @P@ckersFan
30    Buffalo @PisEdiRin
31    Kansas City @mocha4313
32    Tampa Bay @markrc99

Some open spots left, so feel free to nominate yourself before I nominate some people ;)

Edited by Boudewijn