NBC Sports Edge Forums

Community Mock NFL Draft 2021

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, the "only one" rule was already broken, so who cares. We'll just make it a circlej... I mean a pool Also inviting @BrianM @Flyman75 @Sack Exchange @pastorofmuppets2 @Deuce1042 @trilly @markrc

So far it's been an absolute blast, more fun than the actual draft. I propose to not just keep this going, but send it to some of the teams so they know what to pick

65    Jacksonville:      66    NY Jets:     mocha4313 67    Houston:      68    Atlanta:      69    Cincinnati:     smeeze 70    Philadelphia:      71    Denver:      72    Detroit:     

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

1    Jacksonville: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (Boudewijn)
2    NY Jets: Zack Wilson, QB, BYU (smeeze)
3    SF  (from Houston): Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (jumper)
4    Atlanta: Trey Lance, QB, ND State (mocha4313)
5    Cincinnati: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (ajs723)
6    MIA  (from Philadelphia): Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (fachowski)
7    Detroit: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (thebadferret)
8    Carolina: Devonta Smith, WR Alabama (P@ckersfan)
9    Denver: Micah Parsons, LB Penn State (lolcopter)
10   Dallas: Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama (The 7th Beatles)
11    NY Giants: Jaelan Phillips, DE Miami (Ryansm11)
12   PHI  (from San Francisco): Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech (beotos)
13   LA Chargers: Rashawn Slater, OL Northwestern (jumper)
14   Minnesota: Kwity Paye, DT/EDGE, Michigan (1st-Place-Phinish)
15   New England: Mac Jones, QB Alabama (beotos)
16    Arizona - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (bomont)
17    Las Vegas - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (ajs723)
18    Miami Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (The G Man)
19    Washington Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (BMcP)
20   Chicago Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (trilly)
21    Indianapolis Samuel Cosmi, LT, Texas (bomont)
22    Tennessee @DerrickHenrysCleats
23      NYJ  (from Seattle) @Gohawks
24    Pittsburgh @Ryansm11 
25      JAX  (from LA Rams) @fachowski
26    Cleveland @mocha4313
27    Baltimore @trilly
28    New Orleans @ajs723
29    Green Bay @P@ckersFan
30    Buffalo @PisEdiRin
31    Kansas City @mocha4313
32    Tampa Bay @markrc99

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, beotos said:

My apologies, I was so tempted to draft Mac Jones for Pats, I thought someone else voted twice already should have read the rule. Sorry again.

it's all good brother, I didn't go back either & misunderstood the construction of the list. While I question whether Jones possesses the tools to have an impact early, that the 'niners are going to take him 3rd overall justifies your selection of him at 15. That said, that's them & if their plan comes to fruition, there's a lot to suggest they'll be prepared to move Garoppolo. 

You'll recall, the Patriots didn't get rid of Garoppolo, Tom Brady did. New England was prepared to pay him starter money to be the backup. I think this trade could occur on draft day, but more so afterwards. Also, a number of those signings the Patriots made were one-year deals. Just a thought.    

• Like 1

The Titans whiffed on OL last year when they took Isaiah Wilson 1st round and he busted hard, didn’t hardly play and is now off the team. The need to add a quality OL piece is strong. 

The Titans select Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC. The best interior lineman in this draft Vera-Tucker can compete with Nate Davis for the RG position and has the ability to play some tackle if the need arises due to injury. A multi faceted OL who should be able to help bolster an already strong unit.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, smeeze said:

@Boudewijn If you're interested in keeping this going past the first round I'll take a couple teams in round 2.

So far it's been an absolute blast, more fun than the actual draft. I propose to not just keep this going, but send it to some of the teams so they know what to pick ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The New York Jets select: Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama. 

The Jets have a lot of needs especially on defense but their offensive line struggled last year and when you spend the second overall pick on your hopefully franchise QB you want him protected (looks at the Bengals). Leatherwood is a good prospect who should be a good pass protection player right out the gate which is what the Jets need. Get your QB some protection and then address your defensive line and CBs on day 2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, smeeze said:

@Boudewijn If you're interested in keeping this going past the first round I'll take a couple teams in round 2.

DHC is going to draft offensive line with every single pick the Titans have.

2k rushing yards back to back. Whatever it takes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

For the Steelers, I feel like improving the offense is a priority. RB and OL should be the top two needs. However in Tomlins tenure the Steelers have drafted defense in the 1st round 11/13 seasons. So I’m gonna go ahead and mock them the athletic freak out of Tulsa, ILB Zaven Collins. Spillane performed well but is limited athletically and not the answer. Collins and Bush combine to form arguably the most athletic duo in the league. 

Edited by Ryansm11
Edit- typo
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

DHC is going to draft offensive line with every single pick the Titans have.

2k rushing yards back to back. Whatever it takes.

there are only a few reasons I would have passed on Leatherwood to the Titans.

who cares about Tannehill and pass pro? Give me the road grater to open holes for El Tractorcito

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

For the Steelers, I feel like improving the offense is a priority. RB and OL should be the top two needs. However in Tomlins tenure the Steelers have drafted defense in the 1st round 11/13 seasons. So I’m gonna go ahead and mock them the athletic freak out of Tulsa, ILB Zaven Collins. Spillane performed well but is limited athletically and not the answer. Collins and Bush combine to form arguably the most athletic duo in the league. 

I get the logic but if I were a Steelers fan this would make me mad

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

I get the logic but if I were a Steelers fan this would make me mad

I’m prepared to be mad lmao. I personally would’ve rolled with Najee Harris, I think he has a much better chance of making an impact and taking the pressure off Big Ben. Knowing tomlin though I’m fully expecting defense. 

5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

You are right.  I hate it, but dammit, you are right.

Also they lost Bud Dupree so...

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m prepared to be mad lmao. I personally would’ve rolled with Najee Harris, I think he has a much better chance of making an impact and taking the pressure off Big Ben. Knowing tomlin though I’m fully expecting defense. 

Not a Steelers fan but RB first pick seems eh. Humphrey seems like a solid pick for them as well.

Big Ben is washed though so don’t know how much better they’d get on offense. You’re basically going to be looking at 2015 Manning IMO. Going all out on defense may not be the worst idea ever...

You’ll just never convince me an RB in the first is a good idea unless it’s a team already contending. 

With the 25th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Jalen Mayfield, OT Michigan.

Continuing the run of offensive lineman, the Jaguars need a replacement for Cam Robinson and avoid Burrow-ing Trevor Lawrence.

I'm tempted to go with either Owosu-Karamoah, Moehrig or Rashod Bateman here but always have to protect the QB

• Like 3
8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

thanks for the shout @Boudewijn!🤘

but i am woefully behind on my research for this year's crop - may not catch up 'til June or so. 

Get it together puppet we need your opinion on this stuff

• Like 2

I'll go into the second as needed FYI - that's probably my limit though, after that you get into mostly guys I either don't know much about or never even heard of

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

1    Jacksonville: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (Boudewijn)
2    NY Jets: Zack Wilson, QB, BYU (smeeze)
3    SF  (from Houston): Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (jumper)
4    Atlanta: Trey Lance, QB, ND State (mocha4313)
5    Cincinnati: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (ajs723)
6    MIA  (from Philadelphia): Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (fachowski)
7    Detroit: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (thebadferret)
8    Carolina: Devonta Smith, WR Alabama (P@ckersfan)
9    Denver: Micah Parsons, LB Penn State (lolcopter)
10   Dallas: Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama (The 7th Beatles)
11    NY Giants: Jaelan Phillips, DE Miami (Ryansm11)
12   PHI  (from San Francisco): Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech (beotos)
13   LA Chargers: Rashawn Slater, OL Northwestern (jumper)
14   Minnesota: Kwity Paye, DT/EDGE, Michigan (1st-Place-Phinish)
15   New England: Mac Jones, QB Alabama (beotos)
16    Arizona - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (bomont)
17    Las Vegas - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (ajs723)
18    Miami Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (The G Man)
19    Washington Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (BMcP)
20   Chicago Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (trilly)
21    Indianapolis Samuel Cosmi, LT, Texas (bomont)
22    Tennessee, Alijah Vera
-Tucker, OL, USC (DerrickHenrysCleats)
23      NYJ  (from Seattle). Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama (Gohawks)
24    Pittsburgh: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa (Ryansm11)
25      JAX  (from LA Rams) Jalen Mayfield
, OT Michigan, (fachowski)
26    Cleveland @mocha4313
27    Baltimore @trilly
28    New Orleans @ajs723
29    Green Bay @P@ckersFan
30    Buffalo @PisEdiRin
31    Kansas City @mocha4313
32    Tampa Bay @markrc99

BTW Seems like there's sufficient animo to keep going, so let's do another round!

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

For the Browns with the OL rebuilt, I see the defense as the main focus--even after bolstering the secondary in free agency (except maybe a WR in round 3 or so).

Of the options I would normally have gone edge here to find a guy opposite Myles Garrett but Phillips went a bit earlier than he is generally mocked and I don't see anyone else as worth the pick---especially when a guy elsewhere has fallen.

With the 26th pick, the Cleveland Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah--LB out of Notre Dame

A top 15-20 talent, he presents the versatility and motor to be deployed all over the filed, used as a rover/floater against mobile QBs (like Lamar) due to his athleticism, and used as a coverage orinted-box safety in different sets.

With those separators from traditional linebackers, I think an analytic driven FO would be more willing to spend a first on an off ball linebacker of his athletic pedigree.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You’ll just never convince me an RB in the first is a good idea unless it’s a team already contending. 

Depends on the RB and the need. For ex, hindsight is 20/20 with the injuries but Barkley was absolutely the move for NY back when. This "it's all a passing league RBs don't matter much" is BS.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bomont said:

Depends on the RB and the need. For ex, hindsight is 20/20 with the injuries but Barkley was absolutely the move for NY back when. This "it's all a passing league RBs don't matter much" is BS.

Barkley has been an absolute beast and a joy to watch. But has he brought them to the playoffs?

I understand that the Giants wanted to bolster the offense in the hope that Eli could give it one more try, but all in all, looking at team needs and the future (ie today), wouldn't they have been better off drafting OL or secondary?

• Like 1