NBC Sports Edge Forums

Couldn't find a thread for him.

He is around 25% owned in Yahoo leagues, off to a great start.  He is hitting leadoff for the Twins and 6/12 with 1R/2RBI in 3 games.

From his historical stats, it seems he is only an AVG guy, very little power or steals.

I am considering an add because I love getting players who hit for AVG, as the runs and rbi should come with the hits, but not sure he is worth it due to lack of power and speed.

Any thoughts on this guy?  Worth an add?

He's projected by systems to be the only player to hit over 300 other than Soto.   I think you can probably bank on 290 average at the very least.  If he's hitting #1 he will get lots of Runs as well.  The problem is that he will be a negative in HR and SB, and probably RBIs as well.  He's great at what he does, but I don't think he has much value in standard 5x5

I wouldn't expect many RBI. Maybe 60 tops.  Under 10 each of HR and SB.  But if you need someone to balance out your AVG, he's worth a shot.  Probably the best bet in the league to hit .300. Or for sure top 5.  Will get a good number of runs, but only a 2 category player.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Luis Arraez 2021 Outlook

He seems to be a handy player in quite a few formats. His multi position is great as well, sliding him around to spell days off or at UT slots to give you and AVG and runs boost. 

I like guys like Arraez and Solano types. Multi position, might not crank Homer's and steal, but they rack up hits boosting average and score runs. The multi position being golden for when other players are in a funk or started ice cold. 

1 minute ago, RoadApple said:

Just left the game after holding his chest a little. He'll end up on the IL with heartburn knowing how my season is starting

Looked like he was having a heart attack or something.

Just now, Picard56 said:

Looked like he was having a heart attack or something.

I thought that too but they didnt check his pulse or anything and I'm assuming if they thought it was heart related he would have left the game immediately . Give that man some Pepto Bismol!

52 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

I thought that too but they didnt check his pulse or anything and I'm assuming if they thought it was heart related he would have left the game immediately . Give that man some Pepto Bismol!

He did end up leaving the game after the inning over. That's not heartburn when you are grabbing at your chest and short of breathe.

Hopefully he's ok and isn't experiencing something serious. He'd been on fire starting the season. 

58 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

He did end up leaving the game after the inning over. That's not heartburn when you are grabbing at your chest and short of breathe.

Ya but he ran the bases and scored a run, if youre concerned about it being the heart , this doesnt happen. I'm joking when I say its heartburn, its more likely a pectoral muscle or something.

• Like 1

"Like Byron Buxton yesterday, Luis Arraez was sick, not injured. "Upper gastro-intestinal discomfort" is official word, he's day-to-day. Not COVID related. Though it's not believed to be related to Buxton's sickness."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think people may be sleeping on him, big time.

OK, so he's not a set-and-forget starting 2B for a fantasy team. But he's a super useful swiss army knife for your bench. Plus, he's got really nice platoon splits -- .358/.401/.482 with an 8.7% K/PA vs RHP -- that you can plug and play.

14 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I think people may be sleeping on him, big time.

OK, so he's not a set-and-forget starting 2B for a fantasy team. But he's a super useful swiss army knife for your bench. Plus, he's got really nice platoon splits -- .358/.401/.482 with an 8.7% K/PA vs RHP -- that you can plug and play.

Luis conceivably could bat 320+ have 90 runs and 5 homers with 5 steals this year, very interesting stuff people are over looking becasue he is not a bomber nor a burner

If you have room for him and Solano, those are some handy players you can move all around your lineup and potentially slump proof certain positions. Glad to see he's doing ok and in the lineup today.