NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This site doesn't seem to really lean towards the hardcore statistical analysis as much as others, but given how often I'm seeing sample size discussions I thought posting this little chart might be h

Stream for homeruns against Scherzer?

1 hour ago, DFWSooner said:

Finally Juan Soto gets to hit. He's probably so excited he'll get 10 hits today.

And grab his cup a couple dozen times, he’s gonna be feelin’ so frisky. 

• Like 1

Need the Braves’ bats, and Acuna in particular, to wake the heck up.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

The Peralta/Alzolay matchup is interesting

I'm torn on starting alzolay. His stuff is wicked and the brewers have been k'ing like crazy. His command isn't strong though. I'm thinking of starting in a head to head league and not in a yearly to protect ratios. 

First in season trade just happened.  Pretty minor but for the record:

Robert Murray of FanSided reports that the Brewers have traded shortstop Orlando Arcia to an unspecified team.

Jon Heyman of MLB Network first reported news of Arcia in trade talks. Luis Urías has usurped Arcia as the Brewers' starting shortstop, so he's certainly expendable at this point. It will be interesting to see if the Padres are involved as they deal with the fallout of Fernando Tatis Jr's shoulder injury. Arcia has a $2 million salary this season and carries another year of arbitration eligibility in 2022.

Source: Robert Murray on Twitter                 Apr 6, 2021, 12:54 PM ET

I kind of doubt it is the Padres.  They have Kim.  Unless Arcia is just for depth.

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

First in season trade just happened.  Pretty minor but for the record:

I kind of doubt it is the Padres.  They have Kim.  Unless Arcia is just for depth.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Braves have acquired infielder Orlando Arcia from the Brewers.

No word yet on the terms involved. There was some speculation that the Padres could be a fit with the Fernando Tatis Jr. (shoulder) situation, but apparently the Braves view him as an upgrade as a utility infielder. Arcia has never been a league-average hitter, but he at least showed signs of improvement last season with five homers and a .260/.317/.416 batting line over 189 plate appearances. He played some third base in the spring and should see action all over the Braves' infield.

Looks like he's going to the Braves.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mtblock said:

I'm torn on starting alzolay. His stuff is wicked and the brewers have been k'ing like crazy. His command isn't strong though. I'm thinking of starting in a head to head league and not in a yearly to protect ratios. 

Yeah, I'm going to start him. My NL only team, pickings are slim. Also using him in most of my DFS lineups.

2 hours ago, DFWSooner said:

Finally Juan Soto gets to hit. He's probably so excited he'll get 10 hits today.

Can we be realistic?  Soto’s nice and all, but he’s no Yermin Mercedes.  

• Like 2