NBC Sports Edge Forums

I have both in a forever dynasty (no salaries) with Brady as my backup/QB1a.  Our league is 6pt passing TD's and has a bonus for passing yards (5 for 300, 5 for 400) and a bonus for rushing yards (5pts each for 100/200).  I'm trying to decide which if I should move Tua or Hurts this offseason.  Hurts seems to have more appeal on the market and Tua seems to have sneaky value to hold onto if he gets Pitts or Ja'Marr Chase in addition to the offseason acquisition of Will Fuller.  

Am I better off to keep Tua because Hurts has the better trade value?  Or is Hurts fantasy upside too good to pass up on? 

Tua for sure. The Eagles have been talking about either drafting or signing another QB to compete with Hurts for the starting job. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Tua for sure. The Eagles have been talking about either drafting or signing another QB to compete with Hurts for the starting job. 

Thanks. There are three teams in the top 4 first round picks that need QB’s. Am I that far off to move one of these less unknown guys for an early first rounder like 2, 4, or 5?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Rush2112 said:

The Eagles have been talking about either drafting or signing another QB to compete with Hurts for the starting job. 

I think that the Eagles trading out of the #6 spot makes it very clear that they're not in the market for a QB but instead will continue at least one year with Hurts.

Regarding Tua vs Hurts: I wasn't very impressed with Tua, but indeed he will most likely have the better weapons, and that does make a difference. Pre-draft I'd consider it equal-ish, I need to see if they go for Sewell or Pitts.

• 4 weeks later...

Tua long term

That said even if Hurts is bad in real life and Tua is good in real life this year Hurts will probably outscore him on rushing

If building a team from the ground up it's Tua quite easily though--even if his ceiling isn't as high (is Tua is a top 10 QB long term and Hurts is a Dalton level fringe top 15 QB in real life, Hurts is the more valuable asset with how fantasy scoring works)

Edited by mocha4313