Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Sneaky add as you can pick him up for nothing. IF the Yanks can fix his contact issues, that power/speed plays especially in that lineup, in Yankee Stadium. Seeing as 2B and SS are locked, a possible position for him would be 3B? He agreed to moved to 3B in Texas in ST. Gio Urshela is a nice player but he doesnt have the 30HR/15SB upside Odor has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

Sneaky add as you can pick him up for nothing. IF the Yanks can fix his contact issues, that power/speed plays especially in that lineup, in Yankee Stadium. Seeing as 2B and SS are locked, a possible position for him would be 3B? He agreed to moved to 3B in Texas in ST. Gio Urshela is a nice player but he doesnt have the 30HR/15SB upside Odor has.

I mean, neither does he have the Mendoza-line floor. I absolutely agree he is a good reclamation project but his last two years are negative WAR. Gio's was nearly 6. The Yankees acquired him because they can think they can turn him around like they did with Urshela, not replace the guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

Sneaky add as you can pick him up for nothing. IF the Yanks can fix his contact issues, that power/speed plays especially in that lineup, in Yankee Stadium. Seeing as 2B and SS are locked, a possible position for him would be 3B? He agreed to moved to 3B in Texas in ST. Gio Urshela is a nice player but he doesnt have the 30HR/15SB upside Odor has.

I will guarantee this will never happen for the rest of his career 🤣🤣

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he was brought in to challenge Gio at 3rd.  Urshela is a gold glove defender who doesn't hurt the team with his bat.  My guess even after Bruce hit a HR last night is that maybe they move DJ to first a couple times a week and let Odor play 2nd on those days.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

I will guarantee this will never happen for the rest of his career 🤣🤣

Why not? Hes had 3 seasons of 30 Hrs and double digit steals of 11, 14 and 15 already and hes still only 27. 

Thats cool though. Love it when people here GUARANTEE future stuff like they can see the future or something, LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gryfter said:

Why not? Hes had 3 seasons of 30 Hrs and double digit steals of 11, 14 and 15 already and hes still only 27. 

Thats cool though. Love it when people here GUARANTEE future stuff like they can see the future or something, LOL

Hard to believe a player that was cut by one of the worst teams jumps on another team and plays enough to go 30-15

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Hard to believe a player that was cut by one of the worst teams jumps on another team and plays enough to go 30-15

 

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Sneaky add as you can pick him up for nothing. IF the Yanks can fix his contact issues, that power/speed plays especially in that lineup, in Yankee Stadium. Seeing as 2B and SS are locked, a possible position for him would be 3B? He agreed to moved to 3B in Texas in ST. Gio Urshela is a nice player but he doesnt have the 30HR/15SB upside Odor has.

Reading comprehension, dude. I never said he will. I said hes has the UPSIDE, as in hes done it before unlike Gio who never has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Why not? Hes had 3 seasons of 30 Hrs and double digit steals of 11, 14 and 15 already and hes still only 27. 

Thats cool though. Love it when people here GUARANTEE future stuff like they can see the future or something, LOL

 

20 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Hard to believe a player that was cut by one of the worst teams jumps on another team and plays enough to go 30-15

 

15 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

 

Reading comprehension, dude. I never said he will. I said hes has the UPSIDE, as in hes done it before unlike Gio who never has.

Reading comprehension, dude. You asked, "Why not?" and I gave you my reason as to why not.

"Hard to believe a player that was cut by one of the worst teams jumps on another team and plays enough to go 30-15"

I never said he doesn't have the UPSIDE. I said I don't think he PLAYS ENOUGH.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Yankees going to put him at the Alt. site to hone his skills are make room for a bench spot at the Majors?  I like the idea of giving bruce a day off, sliding DJ to first and see what he can do at 2nd.

That being said he has some serious holes in that swing. Yanks batting coach needs to work some magic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think poor Rougy is done. .200 or below the last two years, and continued it in ST. He'll always have one of the more memorable moments as a Ranger though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Overlord said:

giphy.gif

I mean, Odor did go 30/11 in 2019, and Urshela does not provide any speed to speak of.  So, that part of the post was actually somewhat accurate.  Of course, it ignores the fact that Odor, otherwise, is a pretty bad baseball player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy hit 47 barrels in 2019. He would have hit 37 homers in Yankee Stadium. He ranked extremely high in Outs Above Average for multiple years. He's going to play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some shares in bestball, which is the ideal format for him.  

18 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Hard to believe a player that was cut by one of the worst teams jumps on another team and plays enough to go 30-15

This is how I see it though.  I was unhappy with the trade, because it's hard to see how he plays.  I'll be happy if he spends time as a bench bat and cracks my lineup 2 or 3 weeks.

Also, he  sucks at stealing bases and the Rangers let him do it anyway for whatever reason. I'd guess that the Yankees won't.

But you never know. It is a great park and lineup and he has power. Maybe they figure out how to improve him. Maybe enough injuries occur. Maybe you get a guy who paces at like .230  35HR and 4-5SB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’s going to add some swagger and personality to a “ staid” and “professional “ clubhouse. Might be what some of these guys need. He'll play 2nd as long as he hits and Voit remains IL. The LHB will play in Yankee Stadium as well as some of the other school yards in the AL E. The new Rangers Park is pitcher friendly. Even Joey Gallo was beefing about it. Maybe being a Yankee does something for the suddenly clean cut Odor. Col. Rupert and George Weiss might be turning over in the graves. But who cares if Odor can prove himself on Broadway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hh7364 said:

Oh boy, not only he starts, but guess who is hitting clean up for the mighty Yankees ? 

👀

I mentioned this in the game thread yesterday, but I think it bears repeating. Tonight will be in the 60’s at Camden Yards, but after that Tuesday-Thursday will be in the 80’s. The ball should be flying out of that park. He’s facing Harvey, Zimmerman, Lopez, plus a kid making his 1st career start in this 4-game series. After that he gets a 3-game series against the hapless Tigers rotation. I get the disdain for Odor, but batting 4th in this lineup in these circumstances has me genuinely excited.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, meh2 said:

👀

I mentioned this in the game thread yesterday, but I think it bears repeating. Tonight will be in the 60’s at Camden Yards, but after that Tuesday-Thursday will be in the 80’s. The ball should be flying out of that park. He’s facing Harvey, Zimmerman, Lopez, plus a kid making his 1st career start in this 4-game series. After that he gets a 3-game series against the hapless Tigers rotation. I get the disdain for Odor, but batting 4th in this lineup in these circumstances has me genuinely excited.

I'm streaming him this week in multiple leagues. 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...