NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook

Didn't see a thread on this guy but thought tonight's performance merited some discussion. Started at PF for Charlotte, played 31 minutes and put up 21/6/3 with 2 steals, 3 triples and 64% shooting

I know nothing about this guy tbh but with Hayward and Lamelo out and Cody Zeller playing off the bench (and being perpetually injured), could this dude make up the frontcourt with PJ?

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jalen McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook

I saw someone picked this dude up today and said to myself, “wait, why did Jaden McDaniels get dropped and how did I miss picking him up?!?”  I doubt I’m the only one, lol.. 

• Haha 2

My mom named my brother and me Rod and Ron.  That way she could yell  a sound that began with 'Ro' and was indistinguishable after that out the door and both of us would have to show up to see who she wanted.

• Haha 4

Would've had to make two drops to pick him up, and I'm kind of thinking it would've been worth it at this point (one being his brother).  At the same time it was against a G-League team and a squad of entirely backups in the next game.

Will be interesting to see how he holds up against real NBA teams, but I have a feeling he's going to be better than his brother, for the rest of this season anyway.

Somebody dropped Chuma Okeke for him in my league. Is there anything to see here ?

surprised because I though Chuma has great ROS value.

6 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Somebody dropped Chuma Okeke for him in my league. Is there anything to see here ?

surprised because I though Chuma has great ROS value.

This isn't an Okeke thread but I'll take a flier on him. Wire is thin in 12T leagues

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

This isn't an Okeke thread but I'll take a flier on him. Wire is thin in 12T leagues

Not to make this a d measuring contest but this statement is hilarious to those of us in 16T leagues

• Like 2

Watched highlights and think this dude has a bright future, and present given the circumstances.  High motor, great court IQ and quickly finds open guys, very good shooter, is active around the basket, it just feels like the team chemistry with him is immediately apparent.

Really wish I just dumped my healthy IR player and made the brother for brother swap when I had the chance.  It would've just been cool to see in the transaction log Add J. McDaniels Drop J. McDaniels.  Strongly passes the eye test for me.

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Watched highlights and think this dude has a bright future, and present given the circumstances.  High motor, great court IQ and quickly finds open guys, very good shooter, is active around the basket, it just feels like the team chemistry with him is immediately apparent.

Really wish I just dumped my healthy IR player and made the brother for brother swap when I had the chance.  It would've just been cool to see in the transaction log Add J. McDaniels Drop J. McDaniels.  Strongly passes the eye test for me.

Are they playing him at center? Worries me they still have PJ, Biyombo, and Zeller at C and PJ and Miles at PF... 

10 hours ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Are they playing him at center? Worries me they still have PJ, Biyombo, and Zeller at C and PJ and Miles at PF... 

Wish I could tell you man, lol.  Just caught highlights of his last two games.  Was interesting that Zeller is coming off the bench, though Biz was out (it says DNP coaches decision, but swear I read someone saying he was "out" implying injury, not sure).

No way McDaniels looks like he should be a center to me, seems like he has ideal size at the 4.  But Charlotte seems to like this multi faceted and skilled wing/big man archetype (McDaniels, Bridges, Washington) so I think they can interchange these guys and have positional flexibility.

Whatever position they list him at he seems to have good synergy with the team in helping to breakdown the defense, hit an open shot, or find an open man.