Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Since this does impact FF drafts...

Draftek is IMO the best. Frankly precious few worth a flip I've seen lately. Walter football used to be worthwhile but is a total joke now. As is any site that just lists picks without analysis about why that pick makes sense. Any others? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have one perfect aggregate site; I mostly have a couple interesting youtube channels that I watch:
- IDP Army: I love that they're not too shouty and have a broad view: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrzWLRVzUWhTKA_kcsaX-bw
- the QB School: obviously about QB, but deep analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGfxHp2yuimtLsFaq1r7aIQ
- Voch Lombardi: he's an acquired taste, but I like him, and he has deep knowledge: https://www.youtube.com/user/vochie63
I used to watch Brett Kollmann, but I find that he doesn't seem to have a lot of doubts, yet he is 50% of the time wrong (which is still not a bad average, but I prefer it when people acknowledge they might be wrong). Instead, Matt Waldman is relaxed and goes in depth a lot: https://www.youtube.com/user/Thefilmrat

Also some links below that I find interesting:
- Team needs: https://thedraftnetwork.com/team-needs
- You mention draftek already: I like the rankings per position, eg: https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Slot-WRs-2021-NFL-Draft.asp
I take the "ranking bit" with some grain of salt, but I especially like the option to drill down on positons, including EDGE/Slot/etc
- Fantasy rookie rankings: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-dynasty-rookie-rankings/

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks but I have no interest in videos or any FF draft rankings, just NFL draft sites with projected picks and analysis of those picks.....

"Draft countdown" used to be great but quickly and tragically became completely laughable (last projections updated in July need I say more). It's sad how rare it is to find worthwhile mock drafts now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Go look at some of Chris Simms previous years mock drafts.

 

he is pretty good at it.

The dudes ability to rank QBs has honestly been absurd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of Simms QB Rankings the previous years for those interested

2018:

1. Jackson

2. Allen

3. Mayfield

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

 

2019:

1. Kyler

2. Lock

3. Haskins

4. Finley

5. Stidham

6. Daniel Jones

 

2020:

1. Burrow

2. Herbet

3. Love

4. Tua

 

His rankings for this draft:
1. Zach Wilson

2. Lawrence

3. Jones

4. Kellen Mond

5. Fields

6. Lance

Edited by sSektor
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Some of Simms QB Rankings the previous years for those interested

2018:

1. Jackson

2. Allen

3. Mayfield

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

 

2019:

1. Kyler

2. Lock

3. Haskins

4. Finley

5. Stidham

6. Daniel Jones

 

2020:

1. Burrow

2. Herbet

3. Love

4. Tua

 

His rankings for this draft:
1. Zach Wilson

2. Lawrence

3. Jones

4. Kellen Mond

5. Fields

6. Lance

Definitely one of the best QB evaluators out there (though not infallible)

Guy put Kellen Mond on my radar singlehandedly

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Guy put Kellen Mond on my radar singlehandedly

This is the one that got me excited:

He's probably a project for a patient GM/coach, but very interesting 2nd day pick nonetheless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

This is the one that got me excited:

He's probably a project for a patient GM/coach, but very interesting 2nd day pick nonetheless.

I'd prefer a guy with his tools to someone like Trask any day. WFT or Chicago in the 2nd round would be great and make him a solid mid round superflex target in rookie drafts imo. Maybe Detroit too since I am fairly certain Goff gets benched at some point this year considering his WR group

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Some of Simms QB Rankings the previous years for those interested

2018:

1. Jackson

2. Allen

3. Mayfield

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

 

2019:

1. Kyler

2. Lock

3. Haskins

4. Finley

5. Stidham

6. Daniel Jones

 

2020:

1. Burrow

2. Herbet

3. Love

4. Tua

 

His rankings for this draft:
1. Zach Wilson

2. Lawrence

3. Jones

4. Kellen Mond

5. Fields

6. Lance

I still have nightmares about the Giants picking Daniel Jones. Except Dexter Lawrence, they whiffed on their first rounders in the 2019 draft

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Go look at some of Chris Simms previous years mock drafts.

 

he is pretty good at it.

I don't see one for this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fachowski said:

I still have nightmares about the Giants picking Daniel Jones. Except Dexter Lawrence, they whiffed on their first rounders in the 2019 draft

Baker yes

Too soon to say on Jones. Give me 7-9 more starts with a real WR and I'll know if he has it.

If anything that's a miss for Simms. Whatever you think of Jones he's certainly better than all the guys ahead of him except Murray

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't find Walterfootball a joke. It's mock drafts no one gets it 100% right

Charlie Campbell, Senior Draft Analyst
Last update: Monday, April 5, 2021. Round 5 added.
Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell for updates. 
Led all NFL media in draft rumor accuracy in '15, '16, '17, '18, and '20
Led all NFL media in correct picks for the 2017 and 2019 NFL Drafts
 

This guy puts up mocks on WalterFootball with good analysis of the players and why each team pick was made. I checked out draftek as i had never heard of it before and dont see it as superior to WF at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Baker yes

Too soon to say on Jones. Give me 7-9 more starts with a real WR and I'll know if he has it.

Or a real OL. Or a real RB that stays healthy. He's had jack to work with. I don't know if he'll pan out but agreed it's way too soon to say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, Boudewijn said:

This is the one that got me excited:

He's probably a project for a patient GM/coach, but very interesting 2nd day pick nonetheless.

Project QB?

Welcome to the Packers baby!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 11:36 PM, bomont said:

Since this does impact FF drafts...

Draftek is IMO the best. Frankly precious few worth a flip I've seen lately. Walter football used to be worthwhile but is a total joke now. As is any site that just lists picks without analysis about why that pick makes sense. Any others? 

 

Top 10 Mocks – Overall AccuracyRankAnalystPoints

1Josh Norris – Underdog Fantasy206

2Charlie Campbell – Walter Football204

3Francisco (Chato) Romero – Estadio Fantasy200

4Walter Cherepinsky – Walter Football194

5Sean Koerner – The Action Network190

I see Walter and Charlie. They must use pseudonyms over at Draftek, either way here is the full article and list of all 182 "experts". 

 

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/05/who-had-the-most-accurate-nfl-mock-draft-in-2021/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NInsko said:

 

Top 10 Mocks – Overall AccuracyRankAnalystPoints

1Josh Norris – Underdog Fantasy206

2Charlie Campbell – Walter Football204

3Francisco (Chato) Romero – Estadio Fantasy200

4Walter Cherepinsky – Walter Football194

5Sean Koerner – The Action Network190

I see Walter and Charlie. They must use pseudonyms over at Draftek, either way here is the full article and list of all 182 "experts". 

 

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/05/who-had-the-most-accurate-nfl-mock-draft-in-2021/

Thing with mock drafts is not all of them serve the same purpose.

What I mean by that is some have the goal of predicting what the teams will do while others try to make what they think is the best pick for each team.

That being said Walter Football gets hate for some reason but it’s one of my favorite sources for mock drafts honestly. Their layout is simple and without fluff plus their actual mocks and selections are pretty damn good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...