NBC Sports Edge Forums

Got hurt towards the end of March with an expected recovery time of about a month.

That timeline comes to an end in about a week, but I can’t find anything since he went down (looking Twitter and Google).

Anyone happen to have any information?

Edited by Fantasy Dork
  • Fantasy Dork changed the title to Brendan Rodgers 2021 Outlook
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. But the Rockies are currently the worst team in baseball by record. There's no expectation to get significantly better and no real hope of the playoffs (

Rockies brass: Let’s call this prospect up & give him full time ABs Also Rockies brass:  

Posted Images

Last I heard, on opening day he was doing "light jogging" and hitting in the cage. So he shouldn't be too far. Maybe a late-april return?

I've always liked Rodgers and hope this is the year he breaks out. Any top prospect in Coors is a worthy bet.

42 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Last I heard, on opening day he was doing "light jogging" and hitting in the cage. So he shouldn't be too far. Maybe a late-april return?

I've always liked Rodgers and hope this is the year he breaks out. Any top prospect in Coors is a worthy bet.

if im not mistaken, he had a set back after that

• 3 weeks later...

Cant find much about him anywhere,but he's due back relatively soon.  My brain says "stay away" since there is no path to playing time.  But os he good enough/anyone else bad enough to get interested?

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Cant find much about him anywhere,but he's due back relatively soon.  My brain says "stay away" since there is no path to playing time.  But os he good enough/anyone else bad enough to get interested?

last i saw he was doing iF work pre-game last week...nothing much more than that on a return date etc

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I don't think playing time will be an issue.

Rodgers was going to be the starting 2B to open the season, with McMahon going to 3B. Since the injury, McMahon has split time between the two spots. Hampson has played some 2B but more CF. Fuentes was getting a lot of time at 3B but has been terrible and is probably the odd man out.

I really liked Rodgers as a deep sleeper. He had a great spring, and still has the prospect pedigree and a pretty good track record in the minors. But after the injury it may take him some time to get going. I like him better in leagues with deep benches where you can be patient, maybe sit him for a while or just rotate him in at home.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It is difficult because these are the Rox, but there is literally nothing standing in his path to near everyday ABs as soon as he is ready to roll.

Where would we even play? 2B?

Anyhow, it's Bud Black. He hates prospects. 

He probably would rather see Fuentes and Valaika (yes, he's no longer with them) on the field than Rodgers lol.

• Like 1

My concern here is playing time with a team like the Rockies.  Where do you think he would play and would it be regular ABs?  I just feel like we would be looking at a part time situation, or even more seasoning in the minors.  Assuming he has options remaining.  It's the Rockies so it's impossible to have any idea on what they'll do, or any confidence in them doing what makes the most sense.

Thoughts on playing time?

17 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

My concern here is playing time with a team like the Rockies.  Where do you think he would play and would it be regular ABs?  I just feel like we would be looking at a part time situation, or even more seasoning in the minors.  Assuming he has options remaining.  It's the Rockies so it's impossible to have any idea on what they'll do, or any confidence in them doing what makes the most sense.

Yeah I feel the same but with how many injuries going on this season all it takes is one or two guys to go down and boom he's locked in the lineup. At full health though I think he will be in and out of the lineup

28 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

all it takes is one or two guys to go down and boom he's locked in the lineup.

The other side of that coin is, all it takes is one or two wrong steps and boom he's locked into the IL for another couple months

8 hours ago, dicka24 said:

2B would be the obvious answer. The Rockies have holes all up and down their line-up. Story, Blackmon, and maybe McMahon are really the only guys you need to get at bats all the time. And it seems like a decent bet Story gets dealt at some point. Plus Blackmon is largely riding on reputation at this point. I suspect Rodgers at 2B, McMahon at 3B, and Hampson in CF is the most typical line-up.

• Like 3

3/6 with a ribeye in 2 rehab starts, looks real good, strong.

Fingers cross this is the time he takes off once up with the big boys............

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I took the plunge in a deeper league I'm in.  The wire is bare and a post hype talent like this in Coors is worth a gamble.

I really want to do the same but because of a certain league rule, it is risky. I have been scouring the web to find any news about his pending arrival.

He played on Friday and Saturday then came on as a pinch hitter yesterday for one at bat. I assume they'll take it easy with him based on his injury history. If he keeps hitting it seems reasonable he gets promoted in a week.

1 hour ago, Asprilla said:

He played on Friday and Saturday then came on as a pinch hitter yesterday for one at bat. I assume they'll take it easy with him based on his injury history. If he keeps hitting it seems reasonable he gets promoted in a week.

52f2e1f893bc4d9deb58490a46267964.gif&f=1

I went to take a look at his page on Baseball Reference.  I was surprised to see he hasn't even had 100 AB's at the major league level (only has 97 for his career).  It feels like this guy has been around for a while and would have more.  He's stunk in those 97 ABs, but man that's such a small sample size.  He's a former #3 overall pick in the draft, and #10 ranked prospect in baseball, and is still only 24 years old.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=rodger000bre

• Like 2