NBC Sports Edge Forums

Grand salami off Tanner Rainey for his 2nd HR of the year. Other than Turner, each hitter in Washington's lineup tonight has 2 or fewer HRs to date. Oh and he's pitched 6 shutout innings of 2 h, 2 bb, 4 k ball on only 73 pitches. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Narrator: cutting bait was a biggie

The timeline is less important than making sure he feels completely and utterly embarrassed by his idiocy the entire time he is out.  

One thing the announcers mentioned that I think is important is he actually throws 2 sliders, one that breaks horizontally and one that breaks vertically. So he kinda has 3 offerings without the chang

On 4/18/2021 at 7:47 AM, shakestreet said:

Because some blew there whole FAAB wad and hate to admit they could be wrong. 

over under the number of times this post gets quoted over the course of the season?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

over under the number of times this post gets quoted over the course of the season?

10 + .... 6IP 0 ER and he hit a grand slam . 

Yno-tani is better than advertised... beautiful to watch. He actually pitched for efficiency and contact today instead of trying to strike everyone out and did so flawlessly. He's literally evolving before our eyes into a stud. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

When are fantasy sites going to give him the Ohtani treatment...

Put this man in the yahoo! cloning machine!

• Haha 2

Huascar Ynoa vs PHI (W) – 6.0 IP, 1 ER, 4 Hits, 1 BBs, 6 Ks – 10 Whiffs, 30% CSW, 92 pitches.

THIS JUST IN. Ynoa is still dope. 51% sliders for 45% CSW while his four-seamer sat 97 mph and earned all the outs. There it is, that’s the story and the man can’t be stopped. And now he gets the Brewers and Pirates?! Yessssss.

https://www.pitcherlist.com/great-dane/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's clear this kid is no fluke now. What a story he's becoming, from unheard of to ace? Maybe not quite but he's looking like a quality no2 arm. Has a power heater which hes' locating well and a filthy curve, only question is will his lack of a 3rd pitch eventually hurt him.

That is what has me thinking this might not be sustainable for a couple of reasons. Hitters will adjust, which is easier to do when he only has two pitches. Also, such heavy use of a slider would worry me regarding this long-term health. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Words said:

That is what has me thinking this might not be sustainable for a couple of reasons. Hitters will adjust, which is easier to do when he only has two pitches. Also, such heavy use of a slider would worry me regarding this long-term health. 

It’s been pretty well established by people on this forum who know pitching better than me that by some definitions he actually has 4 pitches: FB, 2 sliders (one more like a curve) and a show me change up. So I don’t buy the 2 pitch thing anymore and neither should you. 

the health thing is a bit different and I kind of agree with you there. I’d probably take a sell high if it fell on my lap for a real ace but unlikely I can swing that. 

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 6
23 minutes ago, Words said:

he cost nothing

if he didnt have those issues he probably wouldnt be on your team

4 hours ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

he cost nothing

if he didnt have those issues he probably wouldnt be on your team

He isn't on my team, but I was considering making a trade offer for him. I probably won't. Buying high rarely works out well. 

On 4/17/2021 at 12:36 PM, highheat45 said:

Feel like this guy is going to tease all season. Great raw stuff but if anything's off (eg. slider today), he's going to get blown up badly. That said, grabbed him as a lottery ticket & already cut bait. No biggie.

Narrator: cutting bait was a biggie

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
15 hours ago, cyberer said:

It’s been pretty well established by people on this forum who know pitching better than me that by some definitions he actually has 4 pitches: FB, 2 sliders (one more like a curve) and a show me change up. So I don’t buy the 2 pitch thing anymore and neither should you. 

the health thing is a bit different and I kind of agree with you there. I’d probably take a sell high if it fell on my lap for a real ace but unlikely I can swing that. 

FB, SI, SL CH

That CH has been a pretty good weapon.  It has a 42% whiff rate and has yet to be put in play.  Now it’s only been used against batters 6% of the time and he breaks it out when he’s seeing batters for the 3rd time but he’s only 22.  He’s learning how to use his stuff.  

Disclaimer: I am not comparing the two but I just think it’s crazy that if Ynoa threw the CH about 6 more times per start, he’d have a similar 3 pitch mix to deGrom.  That’s just what you can do when you shove a FB 99 mph and a SL at 92 mph.

• Like 4