NBC Sports Edge Forums

keep Sizemore for $39 in AL-only?

ssmarsh

We can keep 7 and my team is in my sig below. My potential keeper budget is pretty much blown already so now I'm thinking of ways to minimize the damage. What I do with Grady Sizemore will have a big influence on who else I keep. He's a 5 tool monster in my AL-only, especially since we have a 2*SB+BB category.

As a 30/30 OF, he's obviously the cream of the crop. If you had to decide today, would you keep him for $39 in a $260 auction league?

We can keep 7 and my team is in my sig below. My potential keeper budget is pretty much blown already so now I'm thinking of ways to minimize the damage. What I do with Grady Sizemore will have a big influence on who else I keep. He's a 5 tool monster in my AL-only, especially since we have a 2*SB+BB category.

As a 30/30 OF, he's obviously the cream of the crop. If you had to decide today, would you keep him for $39 in a $260 auction league?

You should probably mention that in your league, it's not unusual for star players (A-Rod, etc.) to go for $50+ (I'm remembering correctly from the spring, no?).

In that context, yes, I'd keep Sizemore.

You should probably mention that in your league, it's not unusual for star players (A-Rod, etc.) to go for $50+ (I'm remembering correctly from the spring, no?). In that context, yes, I'd keep Sizemore.

At $39, Sizemore and Carl Crawford were the most expensive players bought at my auction this season. We've never had a $50 player, but we routinely have a bunch in the upper $30's and we've had a few in the low to mid $40's. I have many months to decide, but right now I'm leaning towards keeping Sizemore, even if it is 15% of my team payroll. I'm thinking that if I keep Soria, Greinke and Meche (I must be mad to keep three KC pitchers), next season I'll plan to overspend on hitting and fill in the rest of my pitching staff with cheaper players to see where that gets me.

Hey, I got Cliff Lee for $0 this year so why waste the money!?! B)

AL only, I think you have to keep Grady at that price. Odds are he'll go for closer to $50 at auction next spring.

How much do you think you would pay for Grady next year. If you think you can get him under 39 then you can let him go. If you paid 39 for him this year, and he pretty much did better then expected.

At $39, Sizemore and Carl Crawford were the most expensive players bought at my auction this season. We've never had a $50 player, but we routinely have a bunch in the upper $30's and we've had a few in the low to mid $40's. I have many months to decide, but right now I'm leaning towards keeping Sizemore, even if it is 15% of my team payroll. I'm thinking that if I keep Soria, Greinke and Meche (I must be mad to keep three KC pitchers), next season I'll plan to overspend on hitting and fill in the rest of my pitching staff with cheaper players to see where that gets me.

Hey, I got Cliff Lee for $0 this year so why waste the money!?! B)

After this season, I can't see anyone going higher salary-wise than Grady, so yeah, I'd still keep him at $39. This past season, in our standard AL-only 5x5, CC went for $42, A-Rod $42 & Ichiro $38, so a 40/40 guy with 2x SB points would clearly go 40+, more likely $45.

(Wonder which AL-only league it was where the salaries were insane? Maybe it was spundin, sLim....).

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I really appreciate it.

We have yet to have a $50 player in my league so I doubt that will happen. With the numbers Grady is putting up this year, if I had to venture a guess I'd say he'll most likely go for about the same next year, if not the low $40's.

(Wonder which AL-only league it was where the salaries were insane? Maybe it was spundin, sLim....).

It could have been mine. My league tends to overpay for SP's and closers so maybe that's what you remember from all my pre-draft posts.

Archived