Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Didn't see a thread yet on him, mods please delete if duplicate.

Two starts so far, 12.1 IP 2ER 11K.. is nasty Nate finally a must start?

I don’t know if he is a must start, but he is looking good so far. He’s got a two start week coming up against the twins and white sox. I won’t be too terribly worried if he does bad against those offenses. I am definitely gonna play matchups with nasty nate. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

Didn't see a thread yet on him, mods please delete if duplicate.

Two starts so far, 12.1 IP 2ER 11K.. is nasty Nate finally a must start?

As long as he remains healthy, yeah.  Bad stats only seem to happen when he is trying to pitch through some.  Which has happened too much in the past.  But when healthy he gives you a nice amount of K's and very little Walks.  Excellent K/BB in other words.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

As long as he remains healthy, yeah.  Bad stats only seem to happen when he is trying to pitch through some.  Which has happened too much in the past.  But when healthy he gives you a nice amount of K's and very little Walks.  Excellent K/BB in other words.

The only real issue i see is lack of W's due to possible lack of run support from that offense. QS's could be aplenty though. Time will tell

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingJoffrey said:

Not a bad little game, but I'm worried about the K rate.  We have seen this from Eovaldi before, dominance and then  the iceburg.

Early in the season, getting stretched out and cold weather conditions hopefully has something to do with the lack of k’s

time will tell

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Not a bad little game, but I'm worried about the K rate.  We have seen this from Eovaldi before, dominance and then  the iceburg.

He pitched in the Minnesota deep freeze.  It snowed most of the day for crying out loud.  Pitchers could barely grip the ball.  He is fine.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Dude has been pretty steady! You would probably think it was crazy 3-4 years ago to imagine that he would be a stalwart of your fantasy rotation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...