NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mo Bamba Season Outlook 2020-2021

On 4/8/2021 at 12:14 PM, BossRoss said:

Had his best game of the season last night. Played 25 mins. Khem Birch being waived. Does he become an upside flier now?

Mo Bamba will have an uptick in minutes playing behind Wendell Carter Jr.  On some nights, he will have decent numbers but not eye popping

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I think he’s about to go on a tear.

IMO this will be unlikely. Terrence Ross, Wendell Carter Jr, Chuma Okeke, Cole Anthony and RJ Hampton are in front of Mamba in the buffet line.

10 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Mo Bamba will have an uptick in minutes playing behind Wendell Carter Jr.  On some nights, he will have decent numbers but not eye popping

IMO this will be unlikely. Terrence Ross, Wendell Carter Jr, Chuma Okeke, Cole Anthony and RJ Hampton are in front of Mamba in the buffet line.

It’s a good thing basketball is a 5 man sport.

Boards and defensive stats is what we’re looking from him, not points.

+ 3’s from the Center position is always welcome 

WCJ is the only one he needs to contend with.

48 Mins up for grabs

If Carter Jr. gets 25-30

Bamba can do damage in 18-23 mins

And that isn’t to say some nights when Bamba gets hot , could easily get 25-30+.

Or if Wendell is struggling / foul trouble. 

Still early tho, need to see consistency from Mo .

I took a flier on him , if it doesn’t work out , back to the waivers he goes.

His per36 has always been tantalizing, from college days to the Pros.

Just stunted development and minutes sitting behind Vooch for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mo sucks... he can get it once in a while like Moses Brown but in reality he is a bad player who sometimes get fantasy stats. If you watched him actually play you would know. WCJ will get majority of minutes and value, and I am not even a fan of WCJ.

Thing is, magic were high on mlack bamba from the get go and despite his athletic floor-spacing potential to fit alongside Vuc, he's down from 16 mpg as a rookie to 14 last year and 12 this year. If he was the special player he seems like on paper (or if you've ever played 2k), it would've forced its way into the rotation by now. He's obviously got a good opportunity and those per-minute numbers are juicy but I'm skeptical about his conditioning to last 20+ mins, especially now that WCJ appears locked in to a big role

Bamba has more upside than Carter in my opinion but he doesn't have much experience.  He could get in to a lot of foul trouble at times.  It could get crazy with some of the defensive stats he could put up along with shooting threes.

4 hours ago, rocky7st said:

Geez why can't I enjoy fancy new toys

Same.. Just when he's presented with a glorious opportunity, his health gets in the way. Hope he's all good. Might wait to see what happens and if he'd be out for long

Waiting to see the injury report later today... if he plays today and is decent, will jump on the train for the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

He’s been such a sneaky good pickup. 

Can we see some Magic with WCJ out 

I was only able to watch about 5 minutes of this game, terrible lol. I stopped after seeing Cole Anthony run into his own teammate's screen (Mo Bamba) and get knocked to the floor on a hand-off. 

• Haha 2