NBC Sports Edge Forums

It's never too soon for the Old Yeller thread.  Old Yeller was a good dog.  The best doggone dog in the west.  Unfortunately one day Old Yeller was exposed to rabies and had to be taken behind the barn and put down.

Who are some once great fantasy players that are making you sick and it's time to put down like Old Yeller?  

1.  Jay Bruce

2.  Madison Bumgarner

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The name Rotoworld apparently 

*Glances at Aaron Judge *Glances at the shotgun over the mantle

Didn't jay Bruce make this list 5 years ago?

Josh Donaldson, dude gets hurt on the first at bat are you f***ing kidding me.

Adam Duvall, lumbering oaf just like Bruce.

• Like 1

I really thought Bruce at least had enough left to pop some homers at Yankee Stadium, but the early results suggest a trip to the farm upstate may be in order.

Tony La Russa and Jeff Bridich if we're accepting non-player nominations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can we guess players that are still young but will be in this group soon? I'll go first: Andrew Benintendi.

Also, Arizona will be having nightmares about that Bumgarner contract for years to come.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I can't believe he is already 32, but Chris Archer. Guy flat out stinks and I can't see him being a major leaguer much longer.

It is truly amazing to me that Archer hasn't been converted to a reliever and just told "you only have to throw 10-20 pitches a night, go out there and heave it as hard as you can and don't worry about anything else." 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, JoeSas said:

Albert Pujols :(

This was true, like, three years ago.  Which is fitting cause Pujols is about three years older than his reported age.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Overlord said:

This was true, like, three years ago.  Which is fitting cause Pujols is about three years older than his reported age.  

I wonder if it is ever proven that he lied about his age that he could owe money back to the Angels.... Although I think you can't age discriminate even in professional Sports. I think he is probably 43-45 years old... he sure runs like it.

Just now, Picard56 said:

I wonder if it is ever proven that he lied about his age that he could owe money back to the Angels.... Although I think you can't age discriminate even in professional Sports. I think he is probably 43-45 years old... he sure runs like it.

I'm actually an attorney, and the responsible answer is to say I need to review the contract and the union rules, but I would suspect that they would have had a case for voiding the deal.  The only way they wouldn't have is if the contract was drafted in such a way to render age an "immaterial" term ... which is a decided possibility, particularly if Pujols's agent/attorney were on the lookout for that sort of issue.  

Every time an announcer or a publication talks about Pujols's integrity, character, etc., I just have to laugh.  The guy is a stone-cold f***ing liar going all the way back to his high school days and has benefited enormously from continuing to maintain that lie even after he was financially set for life.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hgh22 said:

Tony Larussa is blind, can barely walk, can't hear or smell, and hasn't gotten off the couch in a year. 

It's time.

The sox tend to get people past their prime.... I'm looking at you James Shields😒

• Like 1