• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The name Rotoworld apparently 

*Glances at Aaron Judge *Glances at the shotgun over the mantle

Didn't jay Bruce make this list 5 years ago?

On 4/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, StevieStats said:

I mean he was in decline in Boston and had issues down the stretch.

Guy literally hasn't been good in 3 years. I just shot his dead body 2 more times, want me to keep going? 😆

One look at his 2020 game log shows that he allowed 7 runs in the first 4 outings. After that he only had one other outing that allowed runs. Also Kimbrel mentioned he wasn’t ready for 2020 season start. Here’s the game log: https://www.fangraphs.com/players/craig-kimbrel/6655/game-log?position=P&gds=&gde=&type=0&season=2020

14 hours ago, ryno1980 said:

I mean I wasn’t suggesting he’s a top 5 first baseman or something. Strong relative to the past couple years. And “I’ll bet he doesn’t” is awfully hard to argue with. I hadn’t looked at it that way. You changed my mind. 

"Could have a pretty strong year" is awfully specific. And homers in back to back games?! Wow, he's on pace for 162!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

"Could have a pretty strong year" is awfully specific. And homers in back to back games?! Wow, he's on pace for 162!!!!!!!!

It wasn’t specific but clearly open to discussion. (You’re apparently incapable or unwilling so move along). People play in a variety of sized leagues where he will have an impact. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, mks said:

When has he ever been good really?

umm...2009 - 2017. I guess 9 years of solid production with a few new MVP seasons doesn't qualify as "good". 2018 was still valuable going 30/85.

• Like 3
On 4/8/2021 at 3:04 PM, Overlord said:

It is truly amazing to me that Archer hasn't been converted to a reliever and just told "you only have to throw 10-20 pitches a night, go out there and heave it as hard as you can and don't worry about anything else." 

Because even then, he would still be required to throw strikes and keep the ball in the park lol.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, tonycpsu said:

I really thought Bruce at least had enough left to pop some homers at Yankee Stadium, but the early results suggest a trip to the farm upstate may be in order.

Tony La Russa and Jeff Bridich if we're accepting non-player nominations.

Why do you think the Yanks are trying to fix another guy well past any usefulness in Odor?  Put DJ at first and try to get Bruce a ticket to the minors\his outright release.  They would be better off with Tyler Wade in all honesty as at least he can field and run.

6 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

Time to put ol’ McCutchen down.

Was confused by his overly-optimistic projections/ADP heading into 2021.. his productive days seem long behind him. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, tucker26 said:

One look at his 2020 game log shows that he allowed 7 runs in the first 4 outings. After that he only had one other outing that allowed runs. Also Kimbrel mentioned he wasn’t ready for 2020 season start. Here’s the game log: https://www.fangraphs.com/players/craig-kimbrel/6655/game-log?position=P&gds=&gde=&type=0&season=2020

Lol I mean yes remove the outings he allowed runs the ERA goes down... He wasn't ready in 2020... He wasn't ready in 2019... Fell apart in 2H 2018...

Hot start so far with massive change in pitch mix going from 62/38 FB/CB to 49/51 FB/CB... Virtually no walks despite not attacking the zone... I'm still not buying it. Numbers look great until they don't.

Maybe he's a zombie and proves me wrong... I'm still not touching him. We'll see where it shakes out.

4 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Lol I mean yes remove the outings he allowed runs the ERA goes down... He wasn't ready in 2020... He wasn't ready in 2019... Fell apart in 2H 2018...

Hot start so far with massive change in pitch mix going from 62/38 FB/CB to 49/51 FB/CB... Virtually no walks despite not attacking the zone... I'm still not buying it. Numbers look great until they don't.

Maybe he's a zombie and proves me wrong... I'm still not touching him. We'll see where it shakes out.

There is sometimes context that shouldn’t be ignored. When performance matches up with the context, it changes things. I guess since it’s subjective in nature, one can believe it or not. In this case, the optimists have been rewarded. All SSS so we shall see. 

5 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

pat corbin needs to have his final meal (meatballs) and be put down

What went wrong with him that he just fell off a cliff last year and is still in free fall?  I hate to drop him in a dynasty but I can't put up with another season dealing with him.

Just now, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Most shocking thing ever is that Justin Upton is only 33.

I swear I remember him playing in like 2001

Pretty good career, but yet still underwhelming... many saw him as the chosen one of baseball at the time and just turned out to be one of the streakiest hitters that I can think of

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What went wrong with him that he just fell off a cliff last year and is still in free fall?  I hate to drop him in a dynasty but I can't put up with another season dealing with him.

He lost a couple miles per hour off his fastball last year which has continued into this year, and his command is just a disaster now.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

Pretty good career, but yet still underwhelming... many saw him as the chosen one of baseball at the time and just turned out to be one of the streakiest hitters that I can think of

indeed

i remember the hype

3 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Yep he is just a blah player that could have been so much more then what he turned out to be. IMO He never got out of the 3rd tier of outfielders. He should have had a Andrew Jones type career borderline HOF player but he never ever reached that level. 

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

His peripherals have hinted at regression for awhile now

7 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Most shocking thing ever is that Justin Upton is only 33.

I swear I remember him playing in like 2001

I think it's because him and Melvin (neigh BJ) played like twins for a little while but were actually several years apart...