NBC Sports Edge Forums

Guess it is time to add Tommy Pham to the list. That stellar .140 batting average and almost has as many stolen bases as hits!! Ok, maybe that is an exaggeration, but it is close. In re-drafts he was taken in the top 120 give or take and everyone is getting 420 adp production 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The name Rotoworld apparently 

*Glances at Aaron Judge *Glances at the shotgun over the mantle

Didn't jay Bruce make this list 5 years ago?

16 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Guess it is time to add Tommy Pham to the list. That stellar .140 batting average and almost has as many stolen bases as hits!! Ok, maybe that is an exaggeration, but it is close. In re-drafts he was taken in the top 120 give or take and everyone is getting 420 adp production 

you post this right after his bat has been showing signs of life. Against any non mookie outfielder, he has a heroic double in the 9th inning Saturday then he had a clutch 8th inning one Sunday. He's sucked but not ready to cut bait yet.

24 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I’ll be this guy again. 
Pham was drafted around 130 overall, so he should still be able to return value on that in roto leagues where steals trump most things. 

His expected stats are xBA .237 and xSLG .449 are much higher than his .140 avg and .160 SLG. Pairing that with a BABIP of .175 saying he’s been extremely unlucky, 

Hard Hit Rate and Exit Velocity on par with previous seasons and an increased launch angle. Currently posting career best marks in K% and BB% 

Sprint speed is still 79th percentile so the steals should be there. 
He has been hitting fly balls at a much higher rate and his GB rate is still pretty high at 47% that’s what is holding back his avg. 

Still I can see Pham rebounding and having a 20HR 20SB season decent counting stats and only being a liability in BA. He’s even better in an OBP league with his increased walk rate and .367 xWOBA 

6 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

I’ll be this guy again. 
Pham was drafted around 130 overall, so he should still be able to return value on that in roto leagues where steals trump most things. 

His expected stats are xBA .237 and xSLG .449 are much higher than his .140 avg and .160 SLG. Pairing that with a BABIP of .175 saying he’s been extremely unlucky, 

Hard Hit Rate and Exit Velocity on par with previous seasons and an increased launch angle. Currently posting career best marks in K% and BB% 

Sprint speed is still 79th percentile so the steals should be there. 
He has been hitting fly balls at a much higher rate and his GB rate is still pretty high at 47% that’s what is holding back his avg. 

Still I can see Pham rebounding and having a 20HR 20SB season decent counting stats and only being a liability in BA. He’s even better in an OBP league with his increased walk rate and .367 xWOBA 

...not if he doesn't play everyday he won't. 

10 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

...not if he doesn't play everyday he won't. 

He’s started 14 of 17 weird times see the back to back rest. On pace for 133 games played I expect 140 or so. It’s not like he is platooning they are just giving him a day off every 6/7 games. 
I still think he gets to 20+ SB and close to 20 HR.                                                              

2017-2019 he played 128, 137, 145 and hit 23,21,21 HR and stole 25,15,25 bases. That’s an average of 137 games 21 HR and 21 SB 

Edited by tristan0823
  • 2 weeks later...

Well well, Mr. Jordan Zimmerman is back in the majors, pitching for the Brewers in a game against the Dodgers in which they called up a pitcher for his MLB debut (Alec Bettinger) and he surrendered 11 ER through 4 IP. It doesn't get any more low leverage than this for a major league pitcher, its a spot where its too early to throw a position player out there so the Brewers send Ol' Yeller to work. Hilarious. Don't feel bad for him in the least 😆

BTW, Zimmerman actually retired last Thursday and drove up to his cabin in upper Wisconsin.  Brewers called him up and asked him to come back.

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

BTW, Zimmerman actually retired last Thursday and drove up to his cabin in upper Wisconsin.  Brewers called him up and asked him to come back.

Awesome I'll have to look for that story. Need something to cheer me up after the Hoerner/Happ OF collision in the Cubs/Reds game.

8 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

Hear that sound? That was Albert Puljos getting Ol’ Yeller’d behind the shed.

The sound of someone peeling off 30 million one-dollar bills?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Hear that sound? That was Albert Puljos getting Ol’ Yeller’d behind the shed.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
4 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Greinke.  Thought maybe I could get some back end of the fantasy rotation mediocrity  out him this year but...

vJPjLk.gif

What a gif ... lololol

• 2 weeks later...

Mets recalled OF Cameron Maybin from Triple-A Syracuse.

Advice: Maybin was recently acquired by New York from the Cubs for cash considerations that totaled one dollar. The 33-year-old will also be starting Wednesday night while the Mets recover from a devasting string of injuries that have left them bare on their major league roster.

You know its desperate when you have to acquire a guy for a dollar and have him hitting 3rd in your lineup the next evening. This guy will never die. This makes his 10th major league team.

8 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Mets recalled OF Cameron Maybin from Triple-A Syracuse.

Advice: Maybin was recently acquired by New York from the Cubs for cash considerations that totaled one dollar. The 33-year-old will also be starting Wednesday night while the Mets recover from a devasting string of injuries that have left them bare on their major league roster.

You know its desperate when you have to acquire a guy for a dollar and have him hitting 3rd in your lineup the next evening. This guy will never die. This makes his 10th major league team.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Scott Kazmir pitched four innings, yielding just one run off two hits and striking out two on Saturday night against the Dodgers in a no-decision.

What a cool comeback story: the 37-year-old hadn't pitched in the big leagues since 2016, when he made 26 starts for the Dodgers. Kazmir relinquished a third inning home run to Max Muncy, but was otherwise solid. He’ll pick up the loss, but leaves this appearance with a 2.25 ERA and 0.50 WHIP to begin his career revival. If he remains in the rotation, he’ll pitch on Friday, once again against the Dodgers.

This has to be one of the last names I expected to see when reading through the morning blurbs...wow, at this point I legitimately am mad that Rick Porcello hasn't signed anywhere, and fully expect to see Bartolo Colon pitching in the majors at some point this summer. The Dead Don't Die.

• Like 1